How to Transfer SMS from Nokia to Android HTC
Are you planning to replace your old Nokia with an Android device and want to transfer sms from Nokia to Android? VeryAndroid SMS Backup is a smart andriod sms backup software that can copy and backup sms on Android phone to computer, restore sms backup file to any android phone, and also send messages or chat with a friend on computer directly, exactly the same as that you do on your android phone.
It can help you:
- Copy and backup sms from Anroid phone to computer.
- Restore sms from CSV to android phone any time.
- Send SMS & SMS Chat on computer directly.
- Transfer sms to android phone from other phones (iPhone, Windows Mobile, Nokia, Blackberry etc).
- View sms messages in threading mode on computer.
10-06-2011 02:36 AM
After installing Nokia Ovi Suite, you need to open it and need to click on sync Messagingby clicking on sync on Messaging tab.
- Now, after clicking on sync, you can see that messages start to sync with a progress bar as shown below.
- After sync gets finished, you will get a dialog box saying that the syncing of messages have been successfully completed.
- Now, all you have to make sure that you close this Ovi Store application completely, if you have opted to close by clicking on “X” mark on the Ovi store window it generally tends to work in background. if it is so then go to the system tray that is near Clock which is located at bottom right side of your main screen and right click on “Ovi” icon and choose Exit.
- Now, you have to download a third party application which is called as Nokia2AndroidSMS software tool which will help in the further process of transferring messages from Nokia device to your Android device. What it actually does is it converts all sms text messages from Nokia Ovi data files into an XML file format which is supported by SMS back up and restore application of Android.
- You will have to extract the zip file and then extract it to the desktop or any of your convenient location and after extraction, open Nokia2AndroidSMS.exe file.
- When you click on exe file mentioned above a pop up window will be popping up where in just you need to click on Convert tab as shown below.
- As soon as you click on convert, a new XML file will be generated and the same will be save on to the location where you have extracted the Nokia2AndroidSMS software, like in my case i have got output file on desktop as i have extracted files to desktop as shown below:
- Generally, the application should automatically finds all data stores created by Nokia Ovi and automatically selects the 1st one by default.
- Now, on your Android device, search in the Android Market place for an application called SMS Backup & Restore and install it. Connect the Android phone to your PC and copy the .xml file into the SMSBackupRestore folder on the phone by exploring the phone via desktop or Laptop.
Bingo! there you go, now you have successfully transferred all your text messages from Nokia Mobile to your Android device.
- Now, simply run SMS Backup & Restore tool from your Android device and choose Import messages option to transfer all your SMS messages.
Good information. I was thinking to update my mobile nokia e63 and purchase the new htc one model.
thanks for the wonderful share