Nexus 7 Android 4.2 App Failures

This is a discussion on Nexus 7 Android 4.2 App Failures within the Google Phones forums, part of the Android Phones by Model category; I've had my Nexus 7 about 3 weeks now. It was fine when I got it but a number of apps now won't start up ...

Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By GoCliffGo05

Thread: Nexus 7 Android 4.2 App Failures

Nexus 7 Android 4.2 App Failures

I've had my Nexus 7 about 3 weeks now. It was fine when I got it but a number of apps now won't start up or work. e.g.:
    YouTube ("There was a problem starting up. Check your network connection and system time").
    Currents ("Unknown error during start-up").
    Maps (animated circle "Loading").
    I also get a message "Network failure" "This application requires a working network connection".
    As far as I can tell, there is nothing wrong with my network connection to my Belkin router (no problem with email).
    As with PCs, I very early on downloaded an app which would clean out the rubbish accumulated by apps. I've tried two different apps; I think they must clean out more than they should such that the apps cannot find something they need to recover.
    Does anyone have any idea how to get my apps going again, please? All the magazines are singing praises of the Nexus 7 but not resolving any problems like this.
    Regards
    Andy

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Hello Andy, welcome to the forum!
    GSM Galaxy Note 3 (Black) - Straight Stock
    GSM Galaxy Note 2 (Titanium) - Rooted running Jedi X20 Rom
    GSM Galaxy Nexus (Black) - Straight Stock

GSM Samsung Galaxy S3 (Red) - Rooted running Deadly Venom v8.0.1 Rom

Welcome to the site. Hopefully someone can offer some help.

Twitter
    GoCliffGo

Re: Nexus 7 Android 4.2 App Failures

Lots of people are saying 4.2 causes a lot of issues. I'm on it now with no issues. I'd try uninstalling the apps with problems and then reinstalling. Or, go to settings - apps - all and clear data for the trouble apps. Get rid of whatever apps you installed to "clear the rubbish" for a while.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2

Re: Nexus 7 Android 4.2 App Failures

Quote Originally Posted by GoCliffGo05 View Post
    Lots of people are saying 4.2 causes a lot of issues. I'm on it now with no issues. I'd try uninstalling the apps with problems and then reinstalling. Or, go to settings - apps - all and clear data for the trouble apps. Get rid of whatever apps you installed to "clear the rubbish" for a while.
    Thanks for your reply.

The apps with the trouble are built-in ones and so can't be uninstalled. Not to worry, I think I've managed to resolve my own difficulties.

I visited my local PC World in Chippenham, Wiltshire where I'd bought the Nexus. I was not expecting a great deal but was very pleasantly surprised when the assistant connected my Nexus 7 to the shop's wi-fi network. Immediately the failed apps sprang into life.

So this proved that the app messages about network connection problems were valid and that my Nexus was fully functional. However, when I got back home, the problems returned.

Feeling somewhat discouraged, I thought I'd try a different wi-fi router, a D-Link DSL-2640R that could only do 802.11g at best. Lo and behold the apps sprang into life!

So what is the conclusion?

Either my super-duper Belkin 802.11n router does not like my Nexus 7 or I've set it up in an odd way. Whichever or whatever else, I'm nervous about changing anything. Fragile?

Are there really significant wi-fi interface consistencies nowadays? I thought that was a thing of the past.
    Regards
    Andy

Most individuals are saying 4.2 causes a lot of issues. I'm on it now and truly having no issues. I'd try removing the applications with issues and then re-installing. Or, go to configurations - applications - all and obvious information for the actual applications. Get rid of whatever applications you set up to "clear the rubbish" for a while.. . . . . . . . . . . .

small business marketing
    Last edited by Dacaiduopol; 01-26-2013 at 05:18 AM.

Sponsored Links