HTC Aria FAQ: Audio and Ringtones
How can I set up a custom tone for SMS, MMS, email, etc.?
Once you have the file that you would like touch set as a custom alert, you will need to save it to your SD card in your phone.
The easiest way to do this is:
- Connect your device to your PC via the data cable.
- On your device, touch the Notification bar to open it and then touch UASB icon: Select to change USB connection type.
- Select Disk Drive and touch Done.
- On your PC, go to My Computer and your device will be listed as a removable disk drive.
- Open the disk drive by double-clicking on it.
- Once open, you should see the contents of your SD card.
- If you do not have a folder named Notifications, right click and create one.
- Once you have created the Notifications folder, open it and drag and drop the files you want to be available for custom alerts into the folder.
- Once you are done, disconnect from your PC and your files will be available for selection under the Sounds & Display on your device.
How can I set a custom ringtone for all calls coming into my device?
Once you have the file saved to your SD card, from the Home screen press the Menu key > Touch Settings > Touch Sound & display > Touch Phone ringtone > Touch the desired ringtone > Touch OK.
How can I adjust the media volume (for music, videos, etc.) on my device?
While in a media application, press the Volume Up/Volume Down button located on the left side of the device to adjust the volume. Note: This option is only available while in a media application.
07-22-2010 03:36 PM