getting an aria

This is a discussion on getting an aria within the HTC Aria Hacks & Mods forums, part of the HTC Aria category; so I should be getting my HTC Aria in the next couple of days, this will be my first smart phone (and of course my ...

Thread: getting an aria

Question getting an aria

so I should be getting my HTC Aria in the next couple of days, this will be my first smart phone (and of course my first andriod OS phone).

I'm intersting in rooting it/being able to "sideload" apps on to (which I understand means hacking it). How ever I'm getting rather lost in exactly what rooting it does, and how to do it. The guides I've found don't explain the terms used, and fail to say if the command needs to be done on the computer or the phone itself/in general aren't very clear to me. I'm also a bit unclear on what exactly rooting it would get me, though I can understand the benfit of being able to use 3rd party apps (which remdinds me, what are some recommended ones?)

also general tips for a smart phone/andriod would be greatly apperciate :D.

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Rooting will also allow you to flash a costom recovery and flash costom roms.Some are android 2.2!There are some things to be aware of though.Rooting voids your warranty however if the phone will still turn on and function and you need a way to return it there are ways to get it back to normal.As for android tips play around with the phone,get into the settings and download some applications.Everyone is different and some ways of doing things in the Android OS work better for you and some work better for other people.Navigating and using most of the OS is pretty natural and i think you will find that most basic things like changing ring tones,making a phone call,and browsing the web are pretty easy to get used to.Hope you enjoy the phone and if you have anymore questions feel free to ask in the HTC Aria Forum section!
    CURRENT
    HTC Aria-Rooted
    Motorola Backflip Bricked getting replacement =(

FORMER
    HTC Touch Pro (Fuze)
    LG Incite-Returned.
    ATT Tilt Broken charger port.

thank for the reply.

Got my Aria, liking it so far. Though I really didn't like the actual phone interface, first thing I did was accidently call a friend from my facebook account -_-

went ahead and rooted it via unrevoked (which was a pain because for some reason the program didn't start on my laptop so I ended up having to do it on my desktop....) and flashed cyanogenmod to it :D

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links