HTC Aria Battery Life

This is a discussion on HTC Aria Battery Life within the HTC Aria forums, part of the HTC Android Phones category; I've seen a few complaints about the battery life on the Aria, let us know how the battery life is for your aria....

Thread: HTC Aria Battery Life

dandroid

HTC Aria Battery Life

I've seen a few complaints about the battery life on the Aria, let us know how the battery life is for your aria.

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Yeah, at first the battery life was terrible. Gave it a few full discharge-recharge cycles, forced it to Edge and used Task Killer. Battery life is waaaay better now. Average use, texts, gmail, weather updates, light browsing throughout the day. Battery last for 2 days without needing a recharge.

Well it's a smartphone running a customed UI. The battery will be bad. You guys just need to load up a ROM with 2.2 and your battery life will be perfect.

Lucky...

At first I did have battery issues. I did notice that a lot of apps I had not opened were open when I used task killer. I turned off GPS (only turn it on when I use apps that need it). I also now put my phone in sleep mode (pressing the power button) before I put it in my pocket. So far I have not experienced any more battery issues. My battery lasts through the day. And I charge it every night.

My battery life is only lasting about 3 hours. How can I get it to last longer? I put it in sleep mode and it still is losing power. Please help!

Is that 3 hours of sitting in your pocket or is that 3 hours of you actively using the phone for surfing or social networking? There shouldn't be any reason the phone doesn't last longer than 3hrs if it isn't actively being used. If it isn't you may want to see what apps you have running in the background doing updates (email apps, social apps, etc.) that may be causing the drain.

so it would be better to load the droid 2.2 on this new device in stead of running the native 2.1. does at&t go with this or will it void warranty?
    I have had a couple of smart phones prior to this aria and this is by far the hardest on batteries, I am use to 2 days on a charge but this one needs one during the day and one at night and I have task killer and uses it a lot. if 2.2 will help i will load it but i saw where 2.2 was just getting started barely. please let me know and thank you

You might want to try Juice Plotter and Juice Defender to help you figure out and fix the problem.Ive been using those applications to save battery and plot out how long it will last for a while now and it seems to work fairly well.
    CURRENT
    HTC Aria-Rooted
    Motorola Backflip Bricked getting replacement =(

FORMER
    HTC Touch Pro (Fuze)
    LG Incite-Returned.
    ATT Tilt Broken charger port.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links