Backflip to Aria?

This is a discussion on Backflip to Aria? within the HTC Aria forums, part of the HTC Android Phones category; I bought the Backflip and HATED it. It was sluggish and unresponsive in many instances and had to be rebooted (which takes forever) at least ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Backflip to Aria?

I bought the Backflip and HATED it. It was sluggish and unresponsive in many instances and had to be rebooted (which takes forever) at least once every three days. I found a used Aria for sale on Craigslist for $150. Little more than I would have liked, but still a lot cheaper than paying full price for it. Even at that price, the money was WELL spent. The Aria is quite peppy and I have loaded numerous apps and games. The sense UI is quite nice and intuitive. I can't stress enough that moving from the Backflip to the Aria is well worth it. In fact, I believe that the Backflip is the worst consumer electronics product I've ever seen on the market. It does nothing well and is so unresponsive that just trying to answer a call before the caller hangs up can be a challenge.....BTW, after I got my Aria, my wife made me upgrade hers to an Aria as well. So, if anyone wants to buy 2 backflips ... cheap , let me know.

What do you consider cheap?

I was actually kidding about selling the backflip as evidenced by the wink-smile. My intentions at this time are to keep the backflip for two reasons. First, I'm hoping for a Cyanogenmod for the backflip to see if the hardware is part of the problem or if it's just motorola's crummy motoblur software. Additionally, I'd like to see what their 2.1 upgrade does in way of performance.

So, if I get to the point that I really want to get rid of the backflip, I'll post it in a more relevant forum and post price. I'm sorry for any confusion.

Just an update since leaving my backflip a couple months ago. I went from the Backflip to the Captivate, at first I loved the Captivate's power and the big screen. Then I starting having the issues with the GPS not locking, the phone itself freezing all of the time and the phones radio giving me poor reception. I thought long about it, but then I returned the phone with 3 days left on my 30 day return poilicy and picked up the Aria. I have never been happier with this phone, I get great reception everywhere I go, the GPS is excellent, the phone NEVER freezes up on me and there are so many options for customizing it. I urge anyone thinking of testing getting this phone to get it, you won't be sorry. The only thing I miss is playing more of the higher-end games on the Captivate, but then again, the games usually locked that phone up... for only being 600 MHz, this phone is crazy fast. I actually sold my Backflip to a co-worker and seeing it every now and then makes me kind of miss it, I loved the keyboard on the Backflip, but that was about it. Anyway, I hope I didn't bore anyone with this, I just thought if my words could help anyone with a decision, then I should go for it.

I, too was having those issues with my backflip, but a newer phone wasn't an option. Just a couple weeks ago the "de -blurred" ROM was released for the backflip and I haven't looked back. My backflip is truly snappy now and is very stable. I absolutely love the hardware keyboard (although I wish the buttons felt better LOL)

I'm loving my htc aria. never looked back!

Nice job. Did Dell pay you for the link?
    Avatar courtesy of Elliott C. 'Eeyore' Evans

I switched from the backflip to the aria through warranty and could not be happier, aria is much faster,smoother etc.etc.etc. and no more 5 min. boot ups :D

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links