Lost Widgets?

This is a discussion on Lost Widgets? within the HTC Aria forums, part of the HTC Android Phones category; I removed the HTC Profile widget from my home screen and now I can't get it back. When I try to add it to a ...

Thread: Lost Widgets?

Lost Widgets?

I removed the HTC Profile widget from my home screen and now I can't get it back. When I try to add it to a screen I navigate to the list of widgets and select the widget but instead of adding it to the screen I just get Profile screen with a "uninstall" and "details" buttons at the bottom. There does not seem to be a way to just add the widget. I also had uninstalled the Battery widget and tried to add that with the same results. I am guessing that it is something easy but I have not been able to find it. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the widget with the same results. This is my first Android phone and it has been great so far with only this one issue.

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

I have exactly the same problem. It has over six months past and people still experience the same issues.

I was just playing up with scenes when I lost Profile widget on my home screen and I have not been able to take it back. I see exactly the same screens as you do when trying to uninstall the widget to hopefully get it right after re-installing.

I too have the exact same problem as well.

Problem Solved (sort of)

After updating my Aria to Android 2.2 I was able to add the Profile widget back to my homescreen just by going to the "add more widgets" prompt. I had been using the "Silent Toggle Widget" after losing the Profile Widget, and I really prefer that one now. I imagine a "hard reset" might be another way to get the Profile Widget back, though there should be an easier way.

I was already using Android 2.2 when the problem occurred. I think because you 'upgraded' it reset something on your hand set which fixed the problem.
    Perhaps I should root my phone or wait for the next upgrade.

Sponsored Links