Lost Widgets?

This is a discussion on Lost Widgets? within the HTC Aria forums, part of the HTC Android Phones category; I removed the HTC Profile widget from my home screen and now I can't get it back. When I try to add it to a ...

Thread: Lost Widgets?

Lost Widgets?

I removed the HTC Profile widget from my home screen and now I can't get it back. When I try to add it to a screen I navigate to the list of widgets and select the widget but instead of adding it to the screen I just get Profile screen with a "uninstall" and "details" buttons at the bottom. There does not seem to be a way to just add the widget. I also had uninstalled the Battery widget and tried to add that with the same results. I am guessing that it is something easy but I have not been able to find it. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the widget with the same results. This is my first Android phone and it has been great so far with only this one issue.

2. # ADS
    Ads
    Google Advertisement
    Android.net is the premier Android Forum on the internet.

I have exactly the same problem. It has over six months past and people still experience the same issues.

I was just playing up with scenes when I lost Profile widget on my home screen and I have not been able to take it back. I see exactly the same screens as you do when trying to uninstall the widget to hopefully get it right after re-installing.

I too have the exact same problem as well.

Problem Solved (sort of)

After updating my Aria to Android 2.2 I was able to add the Profile widget back to my homescreen just by going to the "add more widgets" prompt. I had been using the "Silent Toggle Widget" after losing the Profile Widget, and I really prefer that one now. I imagine a "hard reset" might be another way to get the Profile Widget back, though there should be an easier way.

I was already using Android 2.2 when the problem occurred. I think because you 'upgraded' it reset something on your hand set which fixed the problem.
    Perhaps I should root my phone or wait for the next upgrade.

Ads