HTC Aria Camera

This is a discussion on HTC Aria Camera within the HTC Aria forums, part of the HTC Android Phones category; Has anybody else experienced issues with their camera on the Aria? I'm not sure what's wrong, but 95% of the time I use the camera, ...

Thread: HTC Aria Camera

HTC Aria Camera

Has anybody else experienced issues with their camera on the Aria? I'm not sure what's wrong, but 95% of the time I use the camera, the pictures are never in focus and grainy. I've made sure all of the phone settings are their highest for the camera (resolution, quality, etc). As a matter of fact, I can't figure out why a few of the pictures I've taken didn't have the quality issues.

I've cleaned the lense, tried third-party software, recorded video to test the quality there, all with the same poor results. It's not that I'm expecting the best photos from the phone, but the ones it takes are unusable.

Has anybody else experienced this? Is there a way to tweak the camera internals to fix this? I like everything else about the phone but this is annoying enough to switch to something else...

*Slightly off topic, but are SMS picture messages received downsized? I've had people resend photos to me that I had on my old iPhone 2g, and the resolution looks to be much lower than they were previously.

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Can you post a sample of the images taken?Also are you running stock rom or wich rom are you running?

As for your second question,yes.They resize the images to make the file size smaller you would be better off transferring them through the computer.

Also be aware that all OEMs "compromise" on certain hardware.For example HTC would give you a fantastic CPU,GPU,RAM and a very responsive touch screen but to save on cost they will give you a crappy camera sensor and speaker for speaker phone and music.Anyway if the sample picture looks way off from what it should it will show.
    CURRENT
    HTC Aria-Rooted
    Motorola Backflip Bricked getting replacement =(

FORMER
    HTC Touch Pro (Fuze)
    LG Incite-Returned.
    ATT Tilt Broken charger port.

Name:  IMAG0012.jpg
Views: 177
Size:  92.5 KB
    Quote Originally Posted by SSeymour View Post
    Can you post a sample of the images taken?Also are you running stock rom or wich rom are you running?

As for your second question,yes.They resize the images to make the file size smaller you would be better off transferring them through the computer.

Also be aware that all OEMs "compromise" on certain hardware.For example HTC would give you a fantastic CPU,GPU,RAM and a very responsive touch screen but to save on cost they will give you a crappy camera sensor and speaker for speaker phone and music.Anyway if the sample picture looks way off from what it should it will show.
    So, I got impatient and took the phone apart to mess with the camera. I thought there may have been a problem with the lens cover (it looked dirty), so I took it off, cleaned it, then put it back on...no dice. I then tried to take a picture without the cover on and it still didn't work. I noticed some residue on the internal metal of the phone by the camera, so I cleaned all that off and somehow the camera started working. It could have been that the actual camera needed to be slightly receded for the auto-focus to come back to life, but whatever it was it's now working - or, it's at least taking pictures that aren't blurry. They still aren't exactly Ansel Adam's quality (see attached), but at least functional.

As for which rom I'm on. I'm unrooted using the regular ol' stock HTC ROM. I haven't dabbled in the rooting/ROM world yet, but am interested in doing so, just haven't been brave enough yet and wasn't sure which ROM was the best for this particular phone...

Garbage about the resized pictures. They seem even more condensed than other cameras. I haven't compared file sizes, but they seem to be quite a bit smaller now.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links