Love my Aria

This is a discussion on Love my Aria within the HTC Aria forums, part of the HTC Android Phones category; Hi, I'm new to this, and I love the Aria. I am having trouble finding answers for two questions: 1. When will AT&T enable Android ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Love my Aria

Love my Aria

Hi,
    I'm new to this, and I love the Aria. I am having trouble finding answers for two questions:
    1. When will AT&T enable Android voice control such that I can voice dial the phone in a manner legal in California? So far I cannot issue a voice command to my Blue Tooth headset that will dial without having to look at and touch the Aria. I know Android has the capability per this link: Just speak it: introducing Voice Actions for Android - Official Google Mobile Blog
    2. When will the ROM 2.2 (Froyo) version be available from AT&T?

Sorry if this is already answered somewhere in the forum. I could not find it. Thanks!

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

It's not an issue of "enabling" voice control. From the article you referenced: "Both Voice Actions and the new Google search widget require Android 2.2 (Froyo)"

No update timeline has been given by AT&T, and all speculation boils down to "real soon now".

dandroid
    Welcome to the forum!

I dont think android allows for voice control over bluetooth.As for the official 2.2 update,it has already been released in asia so it shouldnt be too much longer.For now though you could use Vlingo.Its pretty much the same but also will not work over bluetooth.You can find Vlingo free in the market.Hope this somewhat helps.
    CURRENT
    HTC Aria-Rooted
    Motorola Backflip Bricked getting replacement =(

FORMER
    HTC Touch Pro (Fuze)
    LG Incite-Returned.
    ATT Tilt Broken charger port.

Thanks for the feedback, folks. Where do I watch for 2.2? Will AT&T send a notification? It seems amazing that Android would not include bluetooth control. Very disappointing, but I still like the phone and Android. Hopefully full bluetooth control will be coming. Regular voice to text (thru the microphone) is remarkable.

Android can indeed do voice control over bluetooth, as my current captivate rom supports it. No idea if my liberated froyo rom for aria supports it tho, because my headset will not connect to it! >.<

Hmm... I almost got the Captivate, but liked the small size of the Aria. Both my bluetooth earpiece and stereo headset (both Motorola) connect to the Aria just fine. I can answer and disconnect calls by pressing a button. I can redial by pressing the button. But if I want to make a new call, I have to pick up the phone and look at it to do at least four taps, including enabling and disabling the touchscreen. So to be safe and legal, I just answer while driving. Hopefully Froyo will fix this, whenever...

i believe the bluetooth behavior is a limitation in the htc dialer. the native android dialer supports this feature.

HTC told me it should work, but they agreed that it did not work with the AT&T incorporation of Android.

This will be my final post to this thread, since I turned in my Aria for an HTC Inspire 4G. It has 2.2, and everything seems to work. After trying to work with the small screen on the Aria, I'm happy to settle for the relatively gigantic size of the Inspire.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links