BIG boo-boo - Market gone

This is a discussion on BIG boo-boo - Market gone within the HTC Desire forums, part of the HTC Android Phones category; I rooted my phone and following the instructions of the post: I moved most of my apps to SD card. All was well...I had ...

Thread: BIG boo-boo - Market gone

BIG boo-boo - Market gone

I rooted my phone and following the instructions of the post: Move Maps & YouTube to the SD Card

I moved most of my apps to SD card.
    All was well...I had 30MB free and my phone stopped complaining about lack of space even though I only had Market installed on internal memory.

Then today I plugged my phone, mounted as disk drive to retrieve a file from it and once I unplugged it all the applications I had moved to SD card had reverted to old versions of them. When I tried upgrading, no upgrades are available and the apps do not show on SD or internal memory. I am puzzled. So I decided to follow the same instructions to wipe them all again and reinstall as I had done before. I found out I that although I can delete the apks, they keep coming back.
    And although the applications are installed on the SD card, they can't be upgraded....
    Now my Skype doesn't work, my gmail is old and outdated, my facebook as well and maps. All the apps I moved to SD are toast plus market is gone.
    I could definitely reset to factory default or even restore to the backup created during the rooting process but that means losing the 2 apps I purchased.
    Is there any ways I can back up my purchased apps to do a factory reset Can someone tell me where I can find the apks of the applications installed on SD?

2. is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

El Paso, TX
    59 times
    Your purchased apps sync with your Google account. There is really no need to move apps to SD.

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links