Anyone Else Still Using an Eris?

This is a discussion on Anyone Else Still Using an Eris? within the HTC Droid Eris forums, part of the HTC Android Phones category; i'm still using my eris. got it on 12/5/2009. we've had our ups and downs. but right now it's running like a dream. rooted with ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Anyone Else Still Using an Eris?

i'm still using my eris. got it on 12/5/2009. we've had our ups and downs. but right now it's running like a dream. rooted with xtrrom. if i had to upgrade today, i don't know what i would get. all the new phones coming out are 4g and living here in the backwoods of mississippi, doesn't make much sense for pay for a service that i probably won't get to use until late 2013. as far as the eris being slow, someone recently gave us an old hp computer to use for the grandkids to play games on. i sat down yesterday to get it set up for them and told the husband if my phone was half as slow that computer i would be throwing it against the wall. my, my how technology has progressed in the last 10 years.

I'm still running my Eris. I got it for nothing, so I have to say I've got my money's worth from it. After almost two years with it, it's finally running pretty good. Ive got Cyanogen 7 gingerbread with Go launcher, SlideIt keyboard, Dolphin browser, Jorte calendar replacing the system apps which I manually removed to save precious ROM space. I push everything I can to the 16 gb sd card I added. Use System starter to avoid starting unnecessary apps on boot. I can get a decent day's use from one battery charge with all of that locked down.

My next phone is going to be the Incredible 4g, which is supposed to get released the day after my contract is up. Not that I'm counting days or anything. ;-)

The great thing about the Eris is that I had to learn a lot to make it nearly usable. It has become a bit of a hobby. I bought my wife an Incredible2 on the day they came out, and it has been a great phone. It has killed me to see her with that while I struggle to display the weather. Anyway, now it's my turn.

Sent from my ERIS using Android.net

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links