Bootloop :(

This is a discussion on Bootloop :( within the HTC Droid Incredible forums, part of the HTC Android Phones category; So on my Droid Incredible, one night the WiFi would not stay on or off, it just kept switching. Pandora was also Force Closing and ...

Thread: Bootloop :(

Angry Bootloop :(

So on my Droid Incredible, one night the WiFi would not stay on or off, it just kept switching. Pandora was also Force Closing and maybe another one but I can't remember. So to counter act all of that, I turned off the phone. The phone then went into a bootloop and will not come out. I REALLY need the stuff off of the internal memory so factory reset is not really an option unless it cannot be fixed other wise. When I go into HBOOT this appears:

***LOCKED***
    INCREDIBLEC XD SHIP S-ON
    MICROP-0417
    TOUCH PANEL-ATMEL03_16ac
    RADIO-2.15.10.12.20
    Apr 24 2012, 22:58:40

With all of the choices. I have tried booting into safe mode (hold optical joystick, menu, and VOL DOWN at second HTC screen) but it will not work, to see if I was doing it wrong, I even did different combinations. I have done all of the choices in FASTBOOT, even though I don't think that would do anything to begin with. I have also went into RECOVERY and held the VOL UP and power button when the red triangle comes up. When I do that I get this:
    E:Can't open/cache/recovery/command

and above it, all of the recovery options. I have tried to Wipe the cache partition multiple times, even tried applying update from sd card (even though I don't have one) and rebooted that way also. That's everything I have tried. Will someone please help?

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Welcome to the forum!
    Sorry to hear about your bootloop problem.
    You didn't mention if your device is stock or rooted. If you can get into recovery, you should be able to Odin back to stock by flashing the stock firmware. Have you tried this yet?
    Before you try that, make sure your device is at least 75% charged. Hang in there and hopefully someone will stop by with some other suggestions for you.
    Good luck!

tap'n

Quote Originally Posted by CR6 View Post
    Welcome to the forum!
    Sorry to hear about your bootloop problem.
    You didn't mention if your device is stock or rooted. If you can get into recovery, you should be able to Odin back to stock by flashing the stock firmware. Have you tried this yet?
    Before you try that, make sure your device is at least 75% charged. Hang in there and hopefully someone will stop by with some other suggestions for you.
    Good luck!

tap'n
    Thanks! My device is stock. Haha sorry about that, I guess that's pretty important. Would flashing the stock firmware delete any of my files? I thought about doing that, but wasn't sure.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links