Random Reboots

This is a discussion on Random Reboots within the HTC Droid Incredible forums, part of the HTC Android Phones category; I dont know if any of you have had this happen but the droid incredible is infamous for randomly rebooting and some times its so ...

Thread: Random Reboots

Random Reboots

I dont know if any of you have had this happen but the droid incredible is infamous for randomly rebooting and some times its so bad that you cant even use it. So I thought we could share some tips on how to fix the random reboot issue. I am currently running cm6.1 the stable mods because the release candidates have a video camera issue. But when i did the hulu hack (How to watch Hulu on your Android 2.2 device i will post it on this forum soon) so i could watch hulu, my phone would reboot like 15 minutes into the show and then would get stuck in a boot loop. So i searched and searched but couldnt find any fix people just thought it happened because the phone was running to hot ( which it is) and others thought it was because the phone didnt like some certain apps so it would reboot. So i started thinking if it is just over heating all i try setting using setcpu to set my cpu lower and keep it cooled down, and it WORK!. And i cant even tell a difference in my phones speed. I havent tried an overclocked kernal but that might work too because it is custom ( maybe someone can let us know) I am currently running my phone at 860 high and 660 low and i can watch multiple episodes of anything on hulu so thats good. It did reboot once when i was watching the nfl playoff game with live tv app so its not a fix all fix. I have also tried it on another droid incredible the would barely turn on and it didnt work for that either so i am hoping all of us droid incredible owners or former owners can share our solutions in this thread

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

It does seem some phones just tend to have more "glitches" than others without any rhyme or reason. It sounds like heat is a major factor and may be tied in with the quality or method of solder points on the interior of the individual phones. Granted, that is just my theory but seems to make sense. I know I'm running Redemption ROM 2.3 and it has been the best ROM I have ever run regarding lack of reboots and overall smoothness.

Thanks for sharing I have tried redemption and the same thing happens. So I just try and keep my phone cool

Sent from my ADR6300 using Android.net App

Try switching out the kernels. Lower the volt the better.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...ghlight=kernel
    Last edited by illmatic636; 04-05-2011 at 03:02 PM.

Super Moderator/RS furbearingmammal's Avatar
    Two hours north of Syracuse, NY. Yes, there IS civilization that far north.
    Twitter
    FurryVarmint
    Not true. A lot of phones can't handle lower-voltage kernels. They will CAUSE reboots.
    DO NOT WRITE IN THIS SPACE
    THIS SPACE INTENTIONALLY LEFT BLANK

Does my phone need to be rooted to adjust the CPU settings?

Super Moderator/RS furbearingmammal's Avatar
    Two hours north of Syracuse, NY. Yes, there IS civilization that far north.
    Twitter
    FurryVarmint
    Yes.

5char
    DO NOT WRITE IN THIS SPACE
    THIS SPACE INTENTIONALLY LEFT BLANK

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links