Rooted Yesterday Screwed Today

This is a discussion on Rooted Yesterday Screwed Today within the HTC Droid Incredible forums, part of the HTC Android Phones category; Hi all. Hope I am not asking a question that has been asked but I am freaking out right now (and a little drunk to ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rooted Yesterday Screwed Today

Rooted Yesterday Screwed Today

Hi all. Hope I am not asking a question that has been asked but I am freaking out right now (and a little drunk to cope) so I havent looked. I currently have an HTC Incredible that is now running Cyanogen Mod 7. Makes my phone a Ginger 2.3.3 I think lol I used UnRevoked to root the phone and Rom Manager to flash the new Rom. After reboot I noticed I had NO contacts and apps I had previously installed were missing. I looked and my "New" TopRam 32gb Class 10 MiSD card was not mounted. I tried to mount and I got an error stating the SD card is damaged. Heres my issue. I backed up the SD to my laptop BEFORE I did my Nandroid backup....stupid I know. Is there ANY way to get back to Factory "Sense" so I can reload my SD and then start over or am I screwed?

Had to edit to add my new signature and email =D

eatinipadsand****tiniphones@android.net

Hope the signature writes itself...lol

I got bleeped!!! Im sure you can fill in the blank =D
    Last edited by furbearingmammal; 03-24-2011 at 10:13 PM. Reason: Family friendly means you don't use that word negatively.

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

I have since placed the SD Card in my laptop and it is unreadable. Very frustrating. I don't understand how this could happen. My luck tho, first Rom Flash and I lose my backup and everything else on the SD =( Lesson learned tho, AFTER DOING YOUR NANDROID BACKUP MAKE SURE YOU SAVE A SAFE COPY TO AN EXTERNAL DRIVE!!!!

Super Moderator/RS furbearingmammal's Avatar
    Two hours north of Syracuse, NY. Yes, there IS civilization that far north.
    Twitter
    FurryVarmint
    Did you install the app pack? Did you make a backup? Did you read the family friendly warning?

If you haven't installed the app pack, install the app pack and see if stuff restores. If you did install the app pack then I'd recommend you'd restore your backup and then get into the settings and tell the phone to back up your contacts with Google. As for the missing apps, they might redownload from the market, they might not. Use Titanium Backup to back them up so you make sure you have them.
    DO NOT WRITE IN THIS SPACE
    THIS SPACE INTENTIONALLY LEFT BLANK

Twitter
    FurryVarmint
    Yes, that is a good lesson. Unfortunately SD cards become corrupted. You might be able to save your data, though. There are programs you can use to scan the card to see if there's recoverable data.

The Plot thickens..... I formatted the SD and then partitioned it using CW After reboot I am now in a boot loop with NO recovery to go to /sigh

I did download the app pack...apps are the least of my worries. And as you can see I have formatted the card in my frustration. Figured it was lost anyway =(

I am assuming I can download a new rom to the sd via my laptop and at least unbrick my phone?
    Is there anywhere on the net I can find a stock froyo 2.2 rom? Going to look now but I am thoroughly wasted at this point and should probably stop. Although, my phone is currently bricked so no more damage can be done other than throwing it across the room LOL
    Last edited by tcreaper; 03-24-2011 at 10:32 PM.

Twitter
    FurryVarmint
    Partitioning the SD card for what? There's no benefit unless you're setting up an EXT4 swapfile, and even that won't buy you anything except burning out your card faster.

Figured I could save 2 copies of my backups one to each of the partitions but if the card fries that makes no sense.........
    <----- Noob!!

Twitter
    FurryVarmint
    There you go.

And for the record, I've seen very bad reviews of cheap Class 10 MicroSD cards.

Anyway, moving along, your best bet is to copy a backup to your PC. If you only keep the last three it won't take up TOO much space, know what I'm saying?

Could Care LESS about space LOL This will never happen again!!! So if the $110 class 10 32gb SD I bought is cheap what do you recommend? and btw did you see my edit? Ill copy and paste JIC

I am assuming I can download a new rom to the sd via my laptop and at least unbrick my phone?
    Is there anywhere on the net I can find a stock froyo 2.2 rom? Going to look now but I am thoroughly wasted at this point and should probably stop. Although, my phone is currently bricked so no more damage can be done other than throwing it across the room LOL

Thanks for your help thus far. I really appreciate it!! Is there somewhere on this forum I can thank you properly so you get the props?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links