Problems with the HTC EVO 3D?

This is a discussion on Problems with the HTC EVO 3D? within the HTC EVO 3D Tech Support forums, part of the HTC EVO 3D category; You power it off and power it back on. You need to do this every couple of days or the phone WILL start glitching. The ...

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Problems with the HTC EVO 3D?

Super Moderator/RS furbearingmammal's Avatar
    Two hours north of Syracuse, NY. Yes, there IS civilization that far north.
    Twitter
    FurryVarmint
    You power it off and power it back on. You need to do this every couple of days or the phone WILL start glitching.

The price you pay for this activity it heavy, though. It'll cost you about two minutes.
    DO NOT WRITE IN THIS SPACE
    THIS SPACE INTENTIONALLY LEFT BLANK

Has anyone else had problems with the wifi? I have two Evo 3ds in my house, and both can see the network but will not connect. I have even tried disabling wpa and still no luck connecting. I can sometimes restart the phone and connect, but not always. I am using a wrt54gs. I have the most up to date firmware.

Go to HTC.com and see if there is a downloadable driver for the evo 3d to work on your wifi. If not go to Cisco and see if they have one. I would then suggest going to Sprint.com/learn and put in your device and see if there is a solution there. Let us know if any of these places help.

Android Lurker peaceloveandtattoos's Avatar

Wink Evo 3d

I got the evo 3d on launch weekend. The first week it overheated during charging, and i had to exchange it for a new one. Other than that, this phone is awesome....big upgrade from the evo 4G.... Just feels more polished.
    Thanks HTC! Keep up the good work!

Angry Everything Keeps crashing, literally everything

hey guys and girls out there, im currently on my 2nd Evo 3D in 2 weeks and almost 2 days. My first EVO went out last Saturday, i took the back door off to see the battery and the phone was on and it just started to vibrate, and it stayed vibrating for about half an hour, so i took it to sprint, and they said ok, we'll give you a new phone, and sure enough i got a new phone. Now today, I get up in the morning send a few texts and go out. I get to where im going and i feel my phone vibrate, quick and short, like when it reboots right at the HTC screen. So i think its a text and i take it out, and see the bright white screen. I'm like ok, because this has happened before, about every 2 days, and saturday it happened twice in one night. So I'm holding the phone and it starts to boot, gets to the Htc quietly brillant screen, and then turns off, screen goes black, and i guess it restarted. The bright white screen comes up again, and does the exact same thing again. This goes on for about 5 minutes, not once fully booting up. I take the battery out, wait a while and it boots up. BUT!!!!!! I unlock it and immediately a whole bunch of crashed app popups come up, gmail, google.maps, htcsence, weather. com.htc.bg. And this keeps happening as the apps and services try to restart themselves so this causes a never ending chain of popups. The phone doesnt lag at all thanks to the dual cores but i cant do anything on it. i can recieve a call if i beat the popups to answer. I can write a text sometimes but it wont send it. I click the home button and the message is saved as a draft or so it says. But the drafts folder is empty, aka there is no drafts folder in the messages when u press the menu button. I can get into the menu sometimes too, when i do this and continualy press the back button it goes from the task maneger to the main menu for all your settings, it does this for as long as i please, when i press the home button, the bright htc screen comes up, but the notification bar at the top of the screen is still up there, and u can pull it down still as well, but there is nothing else but that screen, no apps, clock, weather thing, nothing else, i tried basically everything but doing a factory reset because idk how to backup everything on my sd. I'm a noob at android, this is my first smart phone, being that im only 15 but thats beside the point. I'm going to sprint because I've only had 8 days with this particular EVO, so i'll post back tomorrow to see what they tell me, in the mean time, i ran into your forum here to try and see if i could figure out these issues myself. If anyone has any ideas of what could be wrong, i would greatly appreciate it,

thanks in advace - crazy

My HTC EVO 3D is giving me issues. When i power off phone and try to start or try to restart.. phone is not getting on. Work around for this issue is : remove the battery and put it back and the phone will be started normally. Got to know that lot of HTC EVO 3D phones has this problem and many phones are lying at service center with same problem. Is this issue specific to only HTC EVO 3D or all the HTC phones ?

Super Moderator/RS furbearingmammal's Avatar
    Two hours north of Syracuse, NY. Yes, there IS civilization that far north.
    Twitter
    FurryVarmint
    I'd contact your carrier and ask them about a warranty replacement, unless you've rooted the device.
    DO NOT WRITE IN THIS SPACE
    THIS SPACE INTENTIONALLY LEFT BLANK

Sounds like it's just some htc evo 3d. I would pull the battery with the phone powered on and then restart it if possible. If that does not work exchange it with a different evo 3d.

I have the exact same problem. Awful signal Every time I speak to cust. support at sprint they say I am the first to complain about this. I know I am NOT the first to complain about it. My signal on this phone is horrible and sporadic. The GPS is crap too. On the highway it lost the satellite 8 times on a ride to Boston from 30 miles south. Even IN Boston. My LG Metro PCS android phone has NEVER lost the GPS signal even once.

I finally spoke to a tech guy who works inside sprints labs who says 10% of Evo 3D customers have the same issues. This is a very fast unit and an awesome mini Linux pc with all the features. The 3D is really cool too. BUT without the phone part of it being reliable, I just cannot see keeping it. I went from MetroPCS to Sprint to get better coverage and instead I have worse coverage. Granted it seems like in my area they are doing something with the towers, but not according to sprint. though they are not installing 4G, and for the record I could care less if they install 4G or not. What good is "4G" if there is no signal strong enough to use it anyways? With my Metro phone I can watch 3g video in high def no problem with a decent signal. 4G shmore-g xD. They are selling phones with 4g using the 4g as a sales pitch, and yet 4g doesnt evn exist yet! This is a first!

i tried that and it makes no diference. I also exchanged my evo 3d for another one and it has the same exact problem.

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links