Problems with the HTC EVO 3D?

This is a discussion on Problems with the HTC EVO 3D? within the HTC EVO 3D Tech Support forums, part of the HTC EVO 3D category; HTC EVO 3D overheating problems spark consumer fears Oh great... now this too. Come to think of it mine gets really hot too. I wonder ...

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Problems with the HTC EVO 3D?

htc-evo-3d-overheating-problems-spark-consumer fears

HTC EVO 3D overheating problems spark consumer fears

Oh great... now this too. Come to think of it mine gets really hot too. I wonder why sprint is the only one selling this phone? Maybe the other companies know its full of problems?

Ok first I would like to welcome you to the forum. Second, when travelling down the road or staying stationary the phone works by using a cell tower. Next I would like to say that not one cell phone carrier makes the phone.

The auto makers have recalls all the time and they been making them longer than a cell phone has been around. So, why not expect a few speed bumps pertaining to a cell phone?

Is your phone rooted? When you watch videos or play games; is that when your phone gets warm? Have you tried contacting the manufacturer (HTC)?
    Last edited by SLAG IT!; 07-31-2011 at 11:14 AM.

Super Moderator/RS furbearingmammal's Avatar
    Two hours north of Syracuse, NY. Yes, there IS civilization that far north.
    Twitter
    FurryVarmint
    Call back and if you get a recalcitrant customer service rep then politely ask to speak to their supervisor. Once you do, calmly and politely explain your concerns to them and say you want a replacement phone -- if you're still under warranty.

Do not lose your temper or cool and remain on the phone til you get satisfaction.
    DO NOT WRITE IN THIS SPACE
    THIS SPACE INTENTIONALLY LEFT BLANK

today , i was typing a text messege and all the sudden my evo 3d started vibrating, and it went black, the little four circle things light up when ever i pres the button in the top right corner, but the screen its self wont turn on at all, what should i do?

Twitter
    FurryVarmint
    Try pulling the battery, waiting 30 seconds, then reinserting it before attempting to power it on. If you still can't get the screen to come on then immediately contact customer support from the carrier and see about getting it replaced.

Hey guys! I'm in the process of picking a phone to lock in my 3 year contract with. I only have 5 to choose from, htc evo is looking like my favourite but i really want some feedback.

I understand this is a forum for evo problems, but I'm interested in hearing not only the bad, but if these were problems that occurred just due to the phone just launching, if there are still issues or if this phone is absolutely fine with a few glitches that you'll receive on any phone.

Thanks in advance!

Just got my EVO 3D 3 days ago. Day 2 it started to reboot by itself and the battery is fully charged so I know its not the battery (I didn't even use it, I just checked it and it was off. I tried to turn it on but nothing happened so I took off the battery and put it back again). Day 3 it kept on rebooting again, I took of the case of my phone cause I thought it was the case but it still keep on rebooting and sometimes it freezes when I'm saving a phone number and taking a 2d pictures. passcode sometimes doesnt work. I love the 3D features but its only been 3 days and I got alot of problems. I'm going to exchange this tomorrow hopefully i don't get the same problems.

By the way Day 2 I only used it 5-10 times just taking 3D pictures. Day 3 it was in my pocket all day and it kept on rebooting by itself. I haven't tried texting and calling yet.
    Last edited by BuNNyMaNx; 08-15-2011 at 10:16 PM.

Twitter
    FurryVarmint
    Try a factory reset. If the problems persist take it back to the store and ask politely for a replacement.

Hi there.

I just got this phone from Rogers (Canada) and for the first few days the 3d function on the pictures work fine in gallery and then all of a sudden it stopped working. I could still take pictures and videos in 3d with the videos being perfectly fine but my 3d pictures are only 3d for the 3 seconds of review time after I have taken a picture.

I am fairly sure that my eyes do not deceive me as I understand how to look at pictures in 3d and it worked before; now the pictures are simply 2 pictures overlaid beside each other.

Anyone having these issues? This thread seems to be all about overheating which I also have experienced, at first thinking that it was my own warm pocket or the summer heat.

Quote Originally Posted by mega.father View Post
    Hi there.

I just got this phone from Rogers (Canada) and for the first few days the 3d function on the pictures work fine in gallery and then all of a sudden it stopped working. I could still take pictures and videos in 3d with the videos being perfectly fine but my 3d pictures are only 3d for the 3 seconds of review time after I have taken a picture.

I am fairly sure that my eyes do not deceive me as I understand how to look at pictures in 3d and it worked before; now the pictures are simply 2 pictures overlaid beside each other.

Anyone having these issues? This thread seems to be all about overheating which I also have experienced, at first thinking that it was my own warm pocket or the summer heat.
    Just had the same problem today...had to pull battery and wait 5min...then it finally worked again.
    I also have a Robbers evo

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links