Problems with the HTC EVO 3D?

This is a discussion on Problems with the HTC EVO 3D? within the HTC EVO 3D Tech Support forums, part of the HTC EVO 3D category; I gave it to the service center here in Bangalore, India. They inspected it and said that it was a defect with the motherboard and ...

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Problems with the HTC EVO 3D?

I gave it to the service center here in Bangalore, India. They inspected it and said that it was a defect with the motherboard and they would replace it, but it would take 10 days. Its nearing 2 weeks now and they claim that they still haven't got the new motherboard! My claim was that for a phone with a defective motherboard, which is a critical defect, the phone should be replaced. But they refused this saying that it was more than 14 days since the purchase date and hence they would not be able to replace the phone!

What do you think of this? Now you know how much the customer care/service centers and policies can vary with the same company, but in different countries! Am totally disgusted with HTC now and definitely don't plan on buying any HTC product in the future, and have also made sure that none of my friends/relatives/colleagues make the terrible mistake of buying a HTC product!!

Quote Originally Posted by ar22588 View Post
    I gave it to the service center here in Bangalore, India. They inspected it and said that it was a defect with the motherboard and they would replace it, but it would take 10 days. Its nearing 2 weeks now and they claim that they still haven't got the new motherboard! My claim was that for a phone with a defective motherboard, which is a critical defect, the phone should be replaced. But they refused this saying that it was more than 14 days since the purchase date and hence they would not be able to replace the phone!

What do you think of this? Now you know how much the customer care/service centers and policies can vary with the same company, but in different countries! Am totally disgusted with HTC now and definitely don't plan on buying any HTC product in the future, and have also made sure that none of my friends/relatives/colleagues make the terrible mistake of buying a HTC product!!
    Thats disgusting. I have a different problem with the device. It hangs on particular apps and only way to get it back is to remove battery and put it back. I complained through the customer care and now they responded back saying " Take it to the nearest service center". I'm from bangalore too.

Hey, I've got recenly problem with viewing my 3D pictures. I just can't watch them.

I can watch movies and play games with 3D-effect but can't watch pictures from the gallery :/ I can take photos and record in 3D though..
    When I watch 3D picutres, the image is blurry and looks like a 3D image on 3D TV watching without 3D glasses :P
    This only happens when I try to look at the pictures from the gallery.

Please help!

Android Lurker peaceloveandtattoos's Avatar
    Well i posted a while back that i wasnt having any issues, but i now am. My 2nd evo 3d has decided that a fully charged battery shouldnt last more than 1/2 a day at most. :-/ I also get random crashes, sense re-boots with some apps, my gps widget crashes sense, its gotten super glitchy, etc. Im sure theres more that i'm not thinking of at the moment.
    I will be taking it to a sprint store for a replacement as soon as i get all my info backed up. I hate replacing all my apps and info

Super Moderator/RS furbearingmammal's Avatar
    Two hours north of Syracuse, NY. Yes, there IS civilization that far north.
    Twitter
    FurryVarmint
    I hate to ask, but have you considered doing a factory reset to see if the problem persists?
    DO NOT WRITE IN THIS SPACE
    THIS SPACE INTENTIONALLY LEFT BLANK

I just want to know If there it's a good way to charge it so that you get the most out of the battery? I charged it till the light goes green then turn it off. When off, I plug in the charger in and the led goes red and then I charge it again until the light goes green. I would repeat this until the light cannot go red again. Is there anything else I can do or is that the best approach.

Sent from my PG86100 using Android.net

Super Moderator/RS furbearingmammal's Avatar
    Two hours north of Syracuse, NY. Yes, there IS civilization that far north.
    Twitter
    FurryVarmint
    Do a power cycle. That means allowing the phone to power off from the battery draining then charging it fully from the wall charger without touching it if possible.

The battery has no "memory" effect like we used to see on NiCd and NiMH battery packs, but the phone can be "fooled" by short discharge cycles.

Don't do a cycle often as this can be deleterious to the battery's life and overall performance if overdone.
    DO NOT WRITE IN THIS SPACE
    THIS SPACE INTENTIONALLY LEFT BLANK

Thank you. Roughly how many hours should you get with average use? right now I've gone beyond 12 hrs and I still have about 25% remaining. I think that's alright.

How long can you get out if the battery after doing that with average usage. The power cycle. Right now I'm only getting 8 hrs.

When my screen is on, my battery drops
    A percent at least every 3 minutes, is that even normal? could it be my battery that's defected?

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links