Problems with the HTC EVO 3D?

This is a discussion on Problems with the HTC EVO 3D? within the HTC EVO 3D Tech Support forums, part of the HTC EVO 3D category; Good day, I am new here. I have for last 6 month Evo 3d but last one month I have problem with camera , both ...

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Problems with the HTC EVO 3D?

Good day,

I am new here. I have for last 6 month Evo 3d but last one month I have problem with camera , both cameras when I am going to make a photo have green lines on the screen . But when I am using Skype this lines I dont have ... Can somebody help me because I think this is softwear problem not hardwear ....

Hello Splato - welcome to Android.net!

I'm sorry you're having problems with your Evo 3D, but if you hang on for awhile, one of our Rescue Squad guys will swing by and give you a hand.
    GSM Galaxy Note 3 (Black) - Straight Stock
    GSM Galaxy Note 2 (Titanium) - Rooted running Jedi X20 Rom
    GSM Galaxy Nexus (Black) - Straight Stock

GSM Samsung Galaxy S3 (Red) - Rooted running Deadly Venom v8.0.1 Rom

Help Please!

Hi, I am really hoping someone can help me or point me in the right direction about my phone, I have n HTC EVO 3D and have been using the phone with few issues really, I had the odd freeze where I had to restart the phone again but my troubles started when I updated to android 4.0.3. I got the download option on the phone and just downloaded it and installed it and ever since I have had issues with several things, primarily with movies or videos. Some videos on sites just dont load at all, the screen remains blank...this was never the issue and I have no clue why its happening, also now when trying to watch a show via wireless off my PC I can't even do that properly, the movies lag or when I try and forward the movie it freeze the phone, or least the player or something, like no data is coming through or if it is its very slow...i just dont know.

I never had any of these issues until the update...I am at a loss and really want to either go back to my older OS or get a fix for this, nothing has changed on the phone apart from the OS update and the odd application updates, my network is fine and nothing has changed there and everything is working fine.

So why do my movies lag and freeze when playing them, the phone feels like a PC that hasnt got drivers loaded...please any help would be appreciated :S

I would say try downloading one of the video players and see what happens.

Quote Originally Posted by SLAG IT! View Post
    I would say try downloading one of the video players and see what happens.

I am using Rock player light and Mobo player, point is I used this before the OS update and it worked fine so its got to do with the OS obviously. It's as if the files can't buffer properly but that doesnt explain issue on sites much only watching off the WLAN.

I need a decent, solid solution apart from getting rid of the phone. Can any give me advice or refer me to someone or something...PLEASE :?

Not really it could come from multiple reasons. Usually its do to the type of video files. Sometimes they change what format they prefer to utilize because of security reasons. Try sending a message to HTC and ask them. They are the ones that made the phone and sent the update.

I did go on HTC's site and mail them a week ago but didnt even get a reply...thats why i took the next best thing. The android forums. Plus the flies I watch are in several format, but all do the same, 95% are .avi file in some divx or xvid format. These things are not special files but very basic ones, why should they change any of that now, its the most used format i know of...anyway, I will mail them again and hope for the best but this is truly ridiculous and very dissapointing

Only issue i can think of in terms of memory is that its too little for the OS, but shouldnt be the case no...? I doubt the memory is damaged because it would be one hellofa coincidence that the memory goes just when i loaded a new OS, as I said I have used these players and they are free and rate very well and they use to work on the OS before this one, plus the streaming off sites is also an issue which has nothing to do with each player...I mailed HTC again and I am waiting on them for feedback also.

Quote Originally Posted by SLAG IT! View Post
    Not really it could come from multiple reasons. Usually its do to the type of video files. Sometimes they change what format they prefer to utilize because of security reasons. Try sending a message to HTC and ask them. They are the ones that made the phone and sent the update.
    Ok so I have got hold of HTC finally and they didnt help much but tell me to reset my phone to factory defaults, which I am gonna try but after a few attempts I get an unknown error (1000) or something when trying to sync the phone...i don't get it, I will have to google some to fix that.

Another thing I tried, with a file that use to work was copy it to the phone, it plays and seeking is fine...works normal. So my next question is, what setting (if any) or application or anything you could think of that I can change or set would affect my wireless speed. All that i can think is that there is some issue buffering via the WLAN (which wasnt such an issue, if any issue) what would change (in the OS) I can stream the same clips and vidz via WLAN on my laptop so I can't think there is an issue with the router. Could something be throttling my bandwidth? How would I know? The phone is 95% stock standard with application so I can't see what could cause that. Could if be some file handling issue...one where the phone buffers the files slowly but can't resume playback or something like that?

And then the problem with some online streaming having black screens with just sound...is this a browser setting, can I fix this somehow? How.
    Any more help would be appreciated.

Thank you

Streaming on PC versus streaming on phone is way different. As far as phone with videos buffering you have to let it go through more than half of buffering to be done on video before clicking play. Also use Wi-Fi instead of cell connection. Have you cleared your cookies and cache for web.
    Last edited by SLAG IT!; 07-25-2012 at 12:42 AM.

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links