Using 64GB Card with HTC Evo 3D

This is a discussion on Using 64GB Card with HTC Evo 3D within the HTC EVO 3D forums, part of the HTC Android Phones category; Do not use SanDisk 64GB microSD cards with HTC EVO 3D. It is formatted in ex-FAT, and will not allow you to reformat it. I ...

Thread: Using 64GB Card with HTC Evo 3D

Lightbulb Using 64GB Card with HTC Evo 3D

Do not use SanDisk 64GB microSD cards with HTC EVO 3D. It is formatted in ex-FAT, and will not allow you to reformat it. I tried several 3rd party card formatters and they all fail to break the stranglehold SanDisk has put on the card. Kingston 64GB card is formattable to FAT32, which will work properly in the EVO 3D. If the card is formatted as ex-FAT, it will work until you go above 32GB on the card, then it starts having problems. Mostly it starts unmounting itself and won't allow any more app installations to the card, etc. If the card is formatted to FAT32, it will work properly. Kingston allows you to format it to FAT32 using Windows. SanDisk does not. The only drawbacks to FAT32 format is that maximum file size is 4GB, so some HD movies will be too big, and the card reportedly is a bit slower but I don't notice any problems playing back HD video from my card in FAT32 format. Also the FAT32 format gives you only 60GB instead of 64GB of storage, but really, who cares.

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Reply to dchoughton

Hey there I just got interested now in if My HTC EVO 3D would handle a 64Gb " Sandisk Ultra ' Micro SD, They are on sale, for $60 and I would like to try it, I read the info you provided, and can The Sandisk be formatted to this FAT32
    Its a newer 64Gb Micro SD from Sanddisk,

I want a good solution to getting more memory than a 32 gb card in My HTC EVO 3D .. you know 3D Movies on it, are AWESOME! and Take up lots of Mem

Also

I just bought the phone, new in the box for $150 and think it has some Ridiculously Old Vs. of Android.
    Is it easy to upgrade?

I'm Brand new to Android, the first Smartphone Ive owned is this!

Let Me Know.
    Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by dchoughton View Post
    Do not use SanDisk 64GB microSD cards with HTC EVO 3D. It is formatted in ex-FAT, and will not allow you to reformat it. I tried several 3rd party card formatters and they all fail to break the stranglehold SanDisk has put on the card. Kingston 64GB card is formattable to FAT32, which will work properly in the EVO 3D. If the card is formatted as ex-FAT, it will work until you go above 32GB on the card, then it starts having problems. Mostly it starts unmounting itself and won't allow any more app installations to the card, etc. If the card is formatted to FAT32, it will work properly. Kingston allows you to format it to FAT32 using Windows. SanDisk does not. The only drawbacks to FAT32 format is that maximum file size is 4GB, so some HD movies will be too big, and the card reportedly is a bit slower but I don't notice any problems playing back HD video from my card in FAT32 format. Also the FAT32 format gives you only 60GB instead of 64GB of storage, but really, who cares.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links