HTC EVO 4G Case Reviews

This is a discussion on HTC EVO 4G Case Reviews within the HTC EVO 4G Accessories forums, part of the HTC EVO 4G category; I've purchased the sprint neoprene slip cover which seems fine, but not strong enough. I haven't been able to find a case I like (like ...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: HTC EVO 4G Case Reviews

I've purchased the sprint neoprene slip cover which seems fine, but not strong enough. I haven't been able to find a case I like (like the Case mate's leather case for the iPod--which is brilliant). I'd like to get the extra powered battery and am hesitant to get a firm case until I figure out how much the extra battery protrudes and can't seem to get aline on this. Case Mate hopes to, but doesn't yet have a case for the HTC EVO 4G. I have feeling that specs didn't go out soon enough for manufactuerers.

Many vendors are selling HD2 cases with a "for Evo" label, but for some case types I guess the extra thickness of the Evo comes into play. I picked up a PDAir leather vertical pouch that had been advertised as being for the Evo. It's certainly a well-constructed case, and the Evo technically fit inside. Getting the Evo in and out of the slipcase is a bit of a struggle though, so I'd only recommend it if you don't anticipate needing to take it out of the case much, and wouldn't be in a hurry when you do.

I figure I'd want to get it out easier than that to make calls. Plus it would be hard to show the phone off to people if the first part of the dramatic presentation was me clumsily pulling and prying the phone out of its slipcase.

Best buy has case and it comes with a cover real nice too.

Funny thing happened on my way to get parts for my car's tune up, Autozone (atleast the local ones) is selling generic cell phone equipment. And much to my surprise they have one that fits the EVO almost perfectly. Only drawback is that it's a swivel side case, and I'm not a huge fan of side cases. I can one hand my phone in and out of the case, and it's still held firm, so for now, its what I'm using.

I bought the leather htc holster case from sprint and when i first got it the phone seemed to big for the case. Wouldnt even close right and was a pain to pull out. Now that its been a few days the case has streched out some and fits fine. Also i have the Zagg screen on it which did look funky for a few days but after that its hardly visible to me. I pour concrete so that part is not really a option if i want a phone like the Evo.

I've seen a scratch test on the EVO and was impressed. I'm new to the touch screen phones and was wondering if a screen protector is really necessary? Any other suggestions for must have accessories? Thnx

I got my phone at Best Buy and they were offering a 'Pt' Case, Platinum brand or something. It is a two piece hard plastic unit that slided on top and bottom and locks in the middle. I also got the zagg front and back (I know, back was pointless with the case).

I usually hate cases with phones because the added size is just uncomfortable. Since the Evo is so large but has a relatively thin profile for it's size the case really feels good on the phone. I especially like how it evens out the back so the camera lens isn't the part sticking the furthest out.

Bob

Quote Originally Posted by MetalHead View Post
    I'm a big fan of otterbox so hopefully they will come out with a commuter case for it, or better yet a defender.
    I am a huge fan as well. I just came home this evening with the Evo and have to say I Love It. The first thing I did was lookup the otterbox website to check on status of the case. If you go to the website, they will email you when the item becomes available. Looks as if otterbox is going to make all 3 cases for the item. Now the only thing I need to find is a floating holder for the times I am out fishing. I have had to replace 3 blackberrys from the drop over the side of the boat.

HTC EVO 4G Cases Coming Soon // OtterBox.com

Quote Originally Posted by hamanneggs View Post
    I've seen a scratch test on the EVO and was impressed. I'm new to the touch screen phones and was wondering if a screen protector is really necessary? Any other suggestions for must have accessories? Thnx

I would like to see how the scratch test was performed. I would recommend a screen protector as it will save the display for the times you accidentally slide the phone in your pocket with the keys. They saved the screen on my BB many of times.

I just took the protectors off my phone. They made the front to 'sticky' and the one on the back, beyond being pointless actually adheard itself to the inside of the case and wrinkled up.

Now unfortunately my case is no longer as snug as it was.

Bob

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links