HTC EVO 4G Case Reviews

This is a discussion on HTC EVO 4G Case Reviews within the HTC EVO 4G Accessories forums, part of the HTC EVO 4G category; Originally Posted by allaboutjo Originally Posted by hamanneggs I've seen a scratch test on the EVO and was impressed. I'm new to the touch screen ...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: HTC EVO 4G Case Reviews

scratch test

Quote Originally Posted by allaboutjo View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by hamanneggs View Post
    I've seen a scratch test on the EVO and was impressed. I'm new to the touch screen phones and was wondering if a screen protector is really necessary? Any other suggestions for must have accessories? Thnx

I would like to see how the scratch test was performed. I would recommend a screen protector as it will save the display for the times you accidentally slide the phone in your pocket with the keys. They saved the screen on my BB many of times.
    The particular video I watched has been removed by the creator, however there are several others on youtube.

The one I saw was done on a faulty phone and was being returned. He used a box cutter, keys, coins, etc. on the actual screen. No screen protector, just original screen. Pretty impressive.

The one I saw was done on a faulty phone and was being returned. He used a box cutter, keys, coins, etc. on the actual screen. No screen protector, just original screen. Pretty impressive.
    Yeah I saw that one too. The screen is glass so it's as scratch resistant as anything else made out of glass- VERY.

Well, there's glass, and there's tempered glass. The EVO screen must be tempered glass.

Zagg has a great shield. Been using it for a few days now...no issues.

ZAGG | invisibleSHIELD | HTC EVO 4G Cases, Screen Protectors, Covers, Shields, Skins, Invisible Shield

Yeah, I'm pretty sure the EVO's screen is tempered glass.

As far as hardness goes, the type of glass won't really matter. On the Mohs Scale of Hardness glass falls between 6 and 7 (higher is harder), while steel is down in the 4 to 4.5 range. So basically keys and coins are much too soft to scratch any glass. Hardened steel could scratch glass, but you aren't likely to find keys or key rings that use it - that would be used more for tools and high-quality knives. The screen protector still helps if you do something like drop the phone in a parking lot or a driveway (assuming the impact doesn't break the glass), since sometimes there can be sand and gravel there that contains harder minerals like quartz that can scratch the glass.

...But I digress. As far as cases, I saw a lot of good reviews of "easecase" on eBay, a company in China that custom-makes leather cases and wallets for mobile devices. They list some products for the EVO, and I ordered a wallet (slipcase for the phone on one side, credit cards on the other). I'll post impressions when I get it, hopefully it will get here in a week or so.

Ghost Armor

A friend of mine highly recommends Ghost Armor, and they have it available for hte Evo. Anyone used that one yet?

I've seen good things about Ghost Armor in other forums, but I haven't used it myself.

I did get my wallet/case from easecase, and it's very nicely constructed. The size fits the EVO perfectly, the stitching is excellent, and I like the look and feel of it. I'm glad I ordered it, very slick. The price is on the high side for a cell phone case, but it's on the low side for custom-made monogrammed leather accessories ($40, includes shipping). I needed a new wallet anyway.

I'm pretty sure that ghost armor is the same material as Zagg's invisible shield. I don't deny the quality of it compared to other screen protectors, but I honestly can't stand the texture and don't like how it distorts the image on the screen.

I am perfectly comfortable NOT using any screen protector for my EVO because it's glass and VERY hard to scratch.

I have this case:

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/HTC-Body-Glove-Protector-Sprint/dp/B003QRP0UO]Amazon.com: HTC EVO Body Glove Protector Sprint: Cell Phones &…[/ame]

but I got it from a Sprint store directly. It is a Body Glove case, but it's not listed on their site yet for some reason.

It's a 2 piece case, with a hard plastic shell that wraps around the edge of the screen. There is no screen protector associated with the case, but it won't interfere with any screen protector you may put on.

You can place the phone face down without having the screen touch the surface. You can also place the phone on its back and the camera lens won't touch the surface.

The cutout for the kickstand has a wider area where you pull it out, making it easy to open the kickstand. The back surface is non-skid, but not really sticky like silicone would be. It goes in and out of my pocket easily.

My only issue with the case is that the bezel is thin where the volume button cutouts are. If flexes, and I expect it to break at some point.

One reviewer at Amazon.com said they dropped the phone and the case shattered. However he didn't say if in doing that the phone was damaged at all. The edge IS hard plastic and I can see it shattering on impact.

Overall I would recommend this case.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links