ZAGG invisibleSHIELD for HTC Evo 4G

This is a discussion on ZAGG invisibleSHIELD for HTC Evo 4G within the HTC EVO 4G Accessories forums, part of the HTC EVO 4G category; I've seen a lot of mix reviews for the protective skins. What are your thoughts on the ZAGG invisibleSHIELD?...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ZAGG invisibleSHIELD for HTC Evo 4G

danDroid

ZAGG invisibleSHIELD for HTC Evo 4G

I've seen a lot of mix reviews for the protective skins. What are your thoughts on the ZAGG invisibleSHIELD?

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

They are definitely indestructible as they advertise, but I don't like the way they distort the screen.

For me, the benefits don't outweigh the drawbacks, but that is just my personal opinion.

I use Invisishields on all my devices. They have a lifetime warranty and already ordered and had mine shipped in for the EVO, got it last week. Now just have to hang on til Friday!

As far as distorting the screen, have it installed by them directly. And then the key is to let it sit without much handling for a good 12-24 hours to let the adhesive setup correctly. I have not had a problem with the one on my Instinct 1st Gen since having it applied. I have it on an iPod that I watch movies on, and my MacBook Pro too. My kids have them on the DS Lites also.

As far as distorting the screen, have it installed by them directly.
    I did, 4 times. It is the product itself that I have an issue with, not the installation.

I have decided not to put any protector on the screen. It is glass, so it's going to be awfully difficult to scratch as is.

i might just put an anti smere or smug how ever you would like to call it to many finger prints make the phone look not so sexy you know

I had Best Buy install the invisi shield on my screen but if it was my choice I would have my screen go naked!

Also, the invisi shield has to be replaced a few months after you apply it because it loses it's adhesion around the corners of the screen and starts peeling off.

Plus, the stupid thing is very expensive for what you get! My wife's Moment is going on her second shield because of the peeling

Quote Originally Posted by Grimlock1973 View Post
    I had Best Buy install the invisi shield on my screen but if it was my choice I would have my screen go naked!

Also, the invisi shield has to be replaced a few months after you apply it because it loses it's adhesion around the corners of the screen and starts peeling off.

Plus, the stupid thing is very expensive for what you get! My wife's Moment is going on her second shield because of the peeling

For one, Ive had an invisishield on my palm pre (The hardest Shield to apply due to all of the round corners) for at least 6 months, the battery cover was going on nearly a year, no problems, and some peeling (Which is to be expected after my poor installation) and again, the round corners...To apply something like this onto a square phone (EVO) is simple, and with a case, will keep the corners away from anything to peel it back. Not to mention the fact that they supply you with a lifetime (Of the device) warranty with it, so if you paid for the second one, Im sorry, But I had mine replaced for free when I got a new phone and got no ?'s what so ever...

That being said, I had Best Buy install one for me, and plan on doing it to my girlfriends as well, They are kick ass and Id buy em for every phone I own (The price does hurt a bit though)

Quote Originally Posted by DeputyDipShizz View Post

For one, Ive had an invisishield on my palm pre (The hardest Shield to apply due to all of the round corners) for at least 6 months, the battery cover was going on nearly a year, no problems, and some peeling (Which is to be expected after my poor installation) and again, the round corners...To apply something like this onto a square phone (EVO) is simple, and with a case, will keep the corners away from anything to peel it back. Not to mention the fact that they supply you with a lifetime (Of the device) warranty with it, so if you paid for the second one, Im sorry, But I had mine replaced for free when I got a new phone and got no ?'s what so ever...

That being said, I had Best Buy install one for me, and plan on doing it to my girlfriends as well, They are kick ass and Id buy em for every phone I own (The price does hurt a bit though)

I registered all my invisi shield's on Zagg's website for the free lifetime replacement. When I reported my wife's peeling problem they asked me to to jump through hoops just to get a replacement!! I had to mail them the peeled and damaged shield a photo copy of my receipt and then they told me it would be reviewed and then I would get a replacement if they approved of the damage!!!

I emailed them back and said FORGET IT!! I said by the time they mail me a replacement shield for my wife's Moment she would have gotten a new phone!

We are looking into other brands right now. As soon as we find one that is up to par we are going to make the switch and NEVER go back to Zagg!!

Right, lifetime replacement, read the fine print and expect to wait weeks or months to receive your replacement!!

Quote Originally Posted by DeputyDipShizz View Post

I registered all my invisi shield's on Zagg's website for the free lifetime replacement. When I reported my wife's peeling problem they asked me to to jump through hoops just to get a replacement!! I had to mail them the peeled and damaged shield a photo copy of my receipt and then they told me it would be reviewed and then I would get a replacement if they approved of the damage!!!

I emailed them back and said FORGET IT!! I said by the time they mail me a replacement shield for my wife's Moment she would have gotten a new phone!

We are looking into other brands right now. As soon as we find one that is up to par we are going to make the switch and NEVER go back to Zagg!!

Right, lifetime replacement, read the fine print and expect to wait weeks or months to receive your replacement!!
    As stated I got a replacement, and it took 2 weeks...Jump through hoops, maybe, but as long as you have your ducks in a row, you'll get a new shield, of at least a $30 value, for free...Rather than buying another one...Each to his own

Yep, I agree to each his own. Caveat Emptor!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links