$20.99 3000mAh batteries from eBay

This is a discussion on $20.99 3000mAh batteries from eBay within the HTC EVO 4G Accessories forums, part of the HTC EVO 4G category; The title of this thread is a little misleading because you actually get 2 batteries and 2 replacement doors for $20.99. I just received them ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: $20.99 3000mAh batteries from eBay

$20.99 3000mAh batteries from eBay

The title of this thread is a little misleading because you actually get 2 batteries and 2 replacement doors for $20.99.

I just received them in the mail and my first impressions are good. It's obvious the batteries are made by the same company that made the other standard batteries that I bought on ebay for $10 a pair (+ a charger) so that's a good thing. I just tossed one on my charger and I'm charging the other one in the Evo as I type so I can't give a full review on them yet but I will after I use them for a few days.

The battery doors are great, I think they look MUCH better than the seidio extended battery doors. The whole door is raised, where the seidio just has a rectangular "hump" in the middle of it. It fits the phone perfectly, actually better than some of the stock battery doors believe it or not. It's got a "soft touch" finish to it that makes it feel pretty high quality. It really doesn't add too much bulk to the phone, but no way is my Evo going to fit in my front jeans pocket anymore with this door on.

Anyways, here's the link to the eBay page in case anybody wants to order.

2x 3000mAh Extended Battery+Cover For Sprint HTC EVO 4G - eBay (item 180533087368 end time Sep-12-10 07:43:55 PDT)

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Nice I may place my order over the weekend. So could you post some pictures of it installed on your EVO?

Yeah viper, I'll try and put a few up when I get home from work this evening.

Quote Originally Posted by MetalHead View Post
    The title of this thread is a little misleading because you actually get 2 batteries and 2 replacement doors for $20.99.

I just received them in the mail and my first impressions are good. It's obvious the batteries are made by the same company that made the other standard batteries that I bought on ebay for $10 a pair (+ a charger) so that's a good thing. I just tossed one on my charger and I'm charging the other one in the Evo as I type so I can't give a full review on them yet but I will after I use them for a few days.

The battery doors are great, I think they look MUCH better than the seidio extended battery doors. The whole door is raised, where the seidio just has a rectangular "hump" in the middle of it. It fits the phone perfectly, actually better than some of the stock battery doors believe it or not. It's got a "soft touch" finish to it that makes it feel pretty high quality. It really doesn't add too much bulk to the phone, but no way is my Evo going to fit in my front jeans pocket anymore with this door on.

Anyways, here's the link to the eBay page in case anybody wants to order.

2x 3000mAh Extended Battery+Cover For Sprint HTC EVO 4G - eBay (item 180533087368 end time Sep-12-10 07:43:55 PDT)
    Question, did you do a reset of the battery data on the phone? I've been hearing of people complaining that the phone will not fully charge different batteries with the same battery profile. Since I don't have a larger battery, I didn't read it too carefully. Sorry.

Well the battery that I charged in the phone itself died much quicker than I thought it was going to, and that probably has something to do with it not charging fully due to the battery profile (which I didn't reset). The one that I charged in my wall charger is going strong. I put it in my Evo at 6:30 am and it still has 80% left in it at 1:30 with moderate use. I have been checking Facebook, SprintDroids, made a few quick phone calls, sent a few texts and streamed music from MeCanto for about an hour. The first battery is home charging right now, hopefully the poor life was only due to charging it in the phone and not the wall charger.

Well the battery that I charged in the phone itself died much quicker than I thought it was going to, and that probably has something to do with it not charging fully due to the battery profile (which I didn't reset). The one that I charged in my wall charger is going strong. I put it in my Evo at 6:30 am and it still has 80% left in it at 1:30 with moderate use. I have been checking Facebook, SprintDroids, made a few quick phone calls, sent a few texts and streamed music from MeCanto for about an hour. The first battery is home charging right now, hopefully the poor life was only due to charging it in the phone and not the wall charger.

And that's what I read, it charges great in a wall charger, just not in the phone until you set it's profile. Cool, might have to get me a few of them and switch me and the wife over to them.

MetalHead I read your post about 3g the other day so i gave it a try. While i'm at work i am quite busy so turning off 3g is not a big deal. So during a 8hr test i did still use mixzing instead of mecanto but only about 2hrs worth of music. Went from 96% to 88%, not to shabby.

Now if you use your internet alot at work this obviously wont work for you.

Yeah Jax, I was quite surprised at how much battery was being killed by having the 3G antenna on all the time.

My real camera is busted so I can't take pics of the phone but I did find some posted in another forum so I'll repost those pics.

You'll notice a little red coming through the seems in that last picture, well neither of my covers have that problem, they are both perfectly flush.

Here is a link to the thread where I found the pics, the OP did a review on them.
    3000 mah Chinese battery review - Android Forums

Yeah Jax, I was quite surprised at how much battery was being killed by having the 3G antenna on all the time.

My real camera is busted so I can't take pics of the phone but I did find some posted in another forum so I'll repost those pics.

You'll notice a little red coming through the seems in that last picture, well neither of my covers have that problem, they are both perfectly flush.

Here is a link to the thread where I found the pics, the OP did a review on them.
    3000 mah Chinese battery review - Android Forums
    Is there a big difference in battery life?

I am awaiting my battery from Seidio. How do I go about resetting my battery profile? Thanks

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links