I will NEVER buy another Seidio product again.

This is a discussion on I will NEVER buy another Seidio product again. within the HTC EVO 4G Accessories forums, part of the HTC EVO 4G category; So my Innocase Active Limited case broke today. One of the plastic tabs that holds the plastic shell on broke clear off when I was ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I will NEVER buy another Seidio product again.

I will NEVER buy another Seidio product again.

So my Innocase Active Limited case broke today. One of the plastic tabs that holds the plastic shell on broke clear off when I was putting it back on. It's not hard to put this case on, and by no means was I forcing anything- it just broke. It is clearly a manufacturing defect.

Anyways, I called Seidio to find out if they can send me a new one, not the whole case, just the shell piece. They said I need to go online and "apply for an RMA". IF it's approved, I need to send back the whole case at my expense, and give them 7-14 days to process and ship me out a new one. Aside from having to pay shipping expenses, now I need to go out and buy a new case to protect my Evo while my Innocase is in transit. I called them back to see if they can spare me the aggravation and just send me the piece. Nope. Will they SELL me the piece? Of course not. So really the only feasible option they leave me with is buying a brand new Innocase Active. Yeah, fat chance.

This is the most ridiculous thing I have dealt with in a long time. They won't send me a piece of plastic that probably costs them $1 to manufacture to keep me happy and to keep a customer. For perspective's sake, AVS sent me a whole new visor kit ($60) for my truck NO QUESTIONS ASKED. Speakercraft has us field scrap bad speakers ($200-$800) and they ship out replacements NO QUESTIONS ASKED. But Seidio won't send me a $1 piece of plastic? Shame on you Seidio. I can no longer recommend Seidio products because of this.

Otterbox needs to hurry up and release their cases already. They are far superior to Seidio and they don't have a ridiculous and unreasonable warranty process.

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

MetalHead i was also reading that some of the seidio cases were leaving permanent marks on the corners of the Evo.

I was unaware of that, I certainly didn't have those issues. My gripe with them is over the way they do business, not the quality of their products. I will admit that the innocase surface was pretty cheap and flimsy, but the active limited was actually a nice case.

Well get a case on that bad boy before you mess it up lol. If you're anything like you'll be guarding it with your life till its covered.

Thanks Metalhead!

THANK YOU METALHEAD!! Your post about the SEDIO case probably just saved me a TON of aggrevation from that manufacturer. I was online GOOGLING HTC EVO cases and found your post. PRIOR to viewing your comment on the SEDIO case, I was close to making a purchase from them. I checked out "OTTERBOX" that ya mentioned and I'm VERY glad I did. Otterbox's products look like high quality/reliable material. Thank you Bud!
    JIMBO

Glad to help. The only reason I bought the Seidio case is because Otterbox still hasn't released theirs. I am a huge otterbox fan, I've owned their products in the past and they really are great. Seidio is 0 for 2 with me now. The Innocase Surface (platinum series from BB) was a piece of junk, it loosened up after a week and just felt cheap. The Innocase Active is a great case and I had no issues with it until the end but Seidio's response to the situation killed any positive feelings I might have had towards the company. I bought a cheap $10 silicon case and I'm just going to wait for Otterbox.

Talking Otter Box !!*METALHEAD THIS IS FOR YOU*

Hey folks! I Just wanted to let ya guys know that when I stopped by my corporate Sprint store yesterday, I found out that they had JUST received some Otter Box cases for the Evo.
    I thought that was pretty cool considering that Otter Box's own website showed the case as "coming soon". The sales rep said that the shipment came in barely an hour before I walked in .* METALHEAD * I figured this is good news for ya. Thanks again for mentioning OTTER BOX because this case is PERFECT ! JIMBO

Hey Jimbo i was at sprint today too but got kicked out (long story) and i seen similar cased to Otter Box but not the actual. Which one's did they have? Now i'm gonna have to drive to one of the other stores to check it out.

Jimbo thanks for the heads up. I actually ordered mine from Otterbox the other day, I had no idea Sprint was going to be selling them. Did you actually pick one up? Was it the Commuter case? What did they charge?

http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f6...1/IMAG0021.jpg

Little blurry but OtterBox at Sprint officially goes on sale September 12 but they have them in stock now. Got mine today and simply the best case out there. Salesman said commuter for now but the others are coming?

Quick review, case feels durable and very sleek with a smooth finish. Does not add alot of thickness either.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links