HTC EVO 4G Battery

This is a discussion on HTC EVO 4G Battery within the HTC EVO 4G Accessories forums, part of the HTC EVO 4G category; Has anyone purchased a second battery for their EVO 4G? I am on the fence if I should purchase a standard battery for half the ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: HTC EVO 4G Battery

HTC EVO 4G Battery

Has anyone purchased a second battery for their EVO 4G?

I am on the fence if I should purchase a standard battery for half the price of an extended battery.

I do want the extended life and don't want to add extra bulk to the phone with a battery door.

I found this standard battery on Amazon and have purchased a battery from this company in the past.

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/35H00123-00M-35H00123-02M-35H00123-03M-35H00123-11M-35H00123-22M/dp/B0047YICLY/ref=sr_1_17?ie=UTF8&qid=1290053019&sr=8-17"]Amazon.com: Premium Lithium-Ion Battery (35H00123-00M, 35H00123-02M, 35H00123-03M, 35H00123-11M, 35H00123-22M, 35H00124-01M, BA S380, BA S390, RHOD160, RHOD170) for HTC (EVO 4G, Dash 3G, Touch Pro, Hero, Imagio XV6975, Cedar 100, Dash 3G, Tilt 2, Tou[/ame]

2. # ADS
    Ads
    Google Advertisement
    Android.net is the premier Android Forum on the internet.

That looks like a rebrand of the Galilio batteries that I have. I have 8 extra batteries, all purchased from ebay, and they all work great. The Galilio's are the best ones, IMO. 2 batteries + a charger for under $18.

2x1800mAh Battery + Dock Charger for Sprint HTC Evo 4G - eBay (item 170562207607 end time Dec-05-10 01:57:19 PST)

Quote Originally Posted by MetalHead View Post
    That looks like a rebrand of the Galilio batteries that I have. I have 8 extra batteries, all purchased from ebay, and they all work great. The Galilio's are the best ones, IMO. 2 batteries + a charger for under $18.

2x1800mAh Battery + Dock Charger for Sprint HTC Evo 4G - eBay (item 170562207607 end time Dec-05-10 01:57:19 PST)
    What makes the galilios better than other after market batteries? I'm looking to buy more replacement batteries. Thanks

Sent from my Evo using Tapatalk
    Last edited by UltraDroid; 02-01-2013 at 03:16 AM. Reason: Removed link to non curated site from post

They just last longer. I have a few of the 1500mah batteries that were $10 for two + a charger, and I have two Galilio 1800mah. I doubt the Galilio's really are 1800mah, but they last at least as long as the stock batteries that I have, so for the price they were a great deal.

I'm pretty sure these are not re-branded Galilio batteries...

First I have never heard of Galilo batteries and with that logic you are saying all non OEM batteries are Galilio batteries.

Maybe All batteries are HTC and re-branded. Of course this is not true.

All non OEM batteries are mainly built to the specs of the Original battery.

Second E-Bay is not a good source of batteries. I have purchased 2 batteries and a charger and it was the worst mistake. First I get a battery with half the life and the second didn't charge. The charger took all night to charge the battery.

How do I know if the cheap batteries with no labels have been sitting around for years and sellers blowing them out on Ebay, or even better refurb.

A lot of E-bay Sellers are not honest. At least with Amazon I can get a return if needed. Amazon has its issues also. I will only buy products if they are fulfilled by Amazon or direct from Amazon. Keeps you under the Amazon umbrella and keeps your customer service at a high standard.

I said they look like galilio batteries because they do. Galilio's are the only batteries that I have found that have rounded edges and the batteries that you posted also have rounded edges. I have bought and tested numerous batteries and have had no problems with any of them, especially the galilios. Keep in mind that most of these batteries come from china, and a lot are made in the same favorites. Most of the batteries that you find on the web are just rebrands of chinese batteries and marked up. If you dont feel comfortable buying batteries on ebay and would rather pay more money for the exact same product, that's fine. I was only trying to help.

MetalHead Thank you for your feed back... I understand that a lot of batteries come from imports from china and japan. I would disagree that all batteries are made and handled the same. I have never had any experience with Galilo batteries so I can't give any feed back on those batteries. I have had experience with sellers on E-Bay and Amazon. unless the product comes from amazon or fulfilled by amazon I would stay away.

I have purchased HTC Evo 4G battery from handhelditems and that is with dealsbell and get that battery with back cover of $12.79 around and also other offer of saving money on that so form now if you going to purchase batteries or accessories then find out offers on it and then only purchase and save some money if you like to.

Quote Originally Posted by Asclepius View Post

I am on the fence if I should purchase a standard battery for half the price of an extended battery.

I do want the extended life and don't want to add extra bulk to the phone with a battery door.

I found this standard battery on Amazon and have purchased a battery from this company in the past.
    I think the lifetime of Batteries is very important.

Quote Originally Posted by Asclepius View Post
    Hi there! I got one from Mugen Power, waiting for the shipment to arrive from Hong Kong. I've heard positive things about them so far, will tell you how it goes. Here's what I ordered by the way: [HLI-A9292XL] Buy 3200mAh Mugen Power Extended Battery for HTC EVO 4G (PC36100) with Battery Door

Anyone had any prior experience with Mugen?
    Last edited by DroidDude; 02-07-2012 at 06:34 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Ads