Apple dual-driver IEM's with Evo, OR decent IEM's with mic

This is a discussion on Apple dual-driver IEM's with Evo, OR decent IEM's with mic within the HTC EVO 4G Accessories forums, part of the HTC EVO 4G category; Does anyone know if the mic on the Apple dual driver IEM's with remote/mic is compatible with the Evo? My Evo is coming this week, ...

Thread: Apple dual-driver IEM's with Evo, OR decent IEM's with mic

Apple dual-driver IEM's with Evo, OR decent IEM's with mic

Does anyone know if the mic on the Apple dual driver IEM's with remote/mic is compatible with the Evo? My Evo is coming this week, and I really like those headphones. (For genuine balanced-armature IEM's they're pretty cheap, they sound great, and they have replaceable metal filters that beat the old disposable ones on my old Etymotic ER-4's.)

And if they don't work, what are people using? I know Shure makes decent IEM's, and I've owned various Etymotic ones for going on a dozen years.

Not interested in bluetooth headsets, as I'll be using them mostly for listening to music with occasional talking. Only interested in wired, in-ear monitors (as opposed to earbuds) with balance armature drivers and a mic.

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

I'm sure they'll work fine for listening, doubtful on the controls though. I have two pairs of shures that I use, my trusty old e5c (scl5) that are dual driver and I also have the se530s which are triple. Both are balanced armature. The sound quality from the headphone jack isn't the greatest but it works.

What about the mic? Does Apple use a different pinout than everyone else or is it standard?

What's the problem with the headphone jack? Inadequate levels? Nonflat FR or FR that varies with impedance? High noise?

I should have mentioned that for any "serious" (which is to say, stationary, i.e. on a plane or in a library, etc.) listening the headphone jack won't be feeding the IEM's directly, but rather a HeadRoom Portable Micro Amp. So levels or FR variances with impedance aren't a big problem.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links