HTC EVO 4G Root

This is a discussion on HTC EVO 4G Root within the HTC EVO 4G Hacks forums, part of the HTC EVO 4G category; Just got through rooting mine last night. Followed the instructions and it was really simple. Thanks....

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: HTC EVO 4G Root

Just got through rooting mine last night. Followed the instructions and it was really simple. Thanks.

Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by Varo View Post
    Just got through rooting mine last night. Followed the instructions and it was really simple. Thanks.
    Once we get custom ROM's for the EVO things will really start looking up.

Tether issue!

The rooting process was super simple yet I cannot pick up the wireless through my mac? Can anyone walk me through finding the device, i have successfully paired my pc with the phone but not connected? thanks

So, sorry I've been quite for awhile....I was on the wait list for over two weeks then I finally went to Sprint and they were like, we just called you, I was like...Sweet glad I'm here then...AND....I finally got my EVO....Hells Yeah, I've rooted it and I've tried Damage Evo Rom and Fresh Evo Rom, I have to say, Damage has a great Evo Rom, but Fresh has a smoother Evo Rom. When I had Damage installed, I could go into adb shell but could not remove files out of /system/app, even though I had root access, when I put Fresh on it, I then again had access to remove apps from it, like the stock calculator, what a waste, remove it and get the scientific calculator from the market, way better. ok, I've rambled on for a bit, so........................... You can check out Fresh here http://geekfor.me/ or Damage here http://www.damagedroms.com/
    enjoy your EVO everyone!

Ok i have a rookie question. I have never rooted a phone before and was just wondering what are the advantages? Is rooting for the more tech savy person or is this something that will improve the overall quality of use for a novice like myself? I'm new to android too and the change has been fantastic over windows 6.1 but i'm not familiar with custom rom's, rooting, heck i hav'nt even began to really tap into the possability's of this phone. Just wondering if rooting a a good place to start? Thanks for the help

Quote Originally Posted by jak89 View Post
    Ok i have a rookie question. I have never rooted a phone before and was just wondering what are the advantages? Is rooting for the more tech savy person or is this something that will improve the overall quality of use for a novice like myself? I'm new to android too and the change has been fantastic over windows 6.1 but i'm not familiar with custom rom's, rooting, heck i hav'nt even began to really tap into the possability's of this phone. Just wondering if rooting a a good place to start? Thanks for the help
    The biggest reason I rooted initially was so that I could use the wifi hotspot and tethering functions without the additional $30 a month charge. Since then, there are quite a few apps that I run, that have to have root in order to work. My favorite things that I've done, is removed the boot sound, changed the boot animation, and got rid of the "Bloat Apps" from sprint that were eating battery and storage space.

Is it hard? Depends on how good you are at following step by step instructions. I did it in about 10 mins, but I'm fairly computer literate, but I think most people should be able to do it.

Thanks Varo. One other thing if i may. Now that i have done the new update there seems to be some debate as to weather i will be able to root at all? Question being should i wait a few days before rooting to make sure there are no issues? Thanks again

If you don't have the 4G network in your area yet, does anyone know if you are still charged the $10?

Yes the 10$ is across the board. Its not for 4g they say but for the added use you will be putting on the network. Granted we have unlimited web. My billing cycle started on the 23 and i have used 3.5 gigs already. Like other company's that put a premium charge for high end phones like iphone and blackberry the Evo is in this cat. Fair or not i dont know but to me its well worth it with true unlimited and not unlimited up to 2 gig or 5 gigs

WARNING!!!

If you root your phone, it seems some apps will no longer appear or allow download. Copy protected apps in the market that apparently don't recognize your phone after a root or a ROM change will no longer appear for you to download.

I rooted my phone two days ago. Now I can no longer find or install apps like TV.com. When I search the Market for possible causes it says if the Market cannot recognize your phone due to a custom ROM or rooting, Google will not allow you to find or install copy written apps like TV.com.

I wish I knew this before.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links