HTC EVO 4G Root

This is a discussion on HTC EVO 4G Root within the HTC EVO 4G Hacks forums, part of the HTC EVO 4G category; Does anyone else see all the irony in this. Our phones are powered by Android. Android is based on Open Source Linux. The power of ...

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: HTC EVO 4G Root

Does anyone else see all the irony in this.

Our phones are powered by Android. Android is based on Open Source Linux. The power of Open Source Linux has allowed for "Fingerprinting" of our Android phone, which in turn locks us out of running apps like the Android Hotspot app.

Open ==> Power ===> Closed

Can someone help me teather to my pc for internet use. Ive tried a few diff things, pda net, htc sync, it keeps telling me I have an error.

For tethering I use EasyTether and it works great and 100% without issue. You need to download the app to your phone and a separate driver to your computer. Once downloaded, you go to your network settings on your computer and select EasyTether as your connection, then turn on EasyTether on your phone and you should be good to go.

Does the free version work? Also, where do I go to download the driver? Thanks, Nick

I found the site, now what driver do I need. My pc runs windows xp and uses a single amd 64?

The free version does work but its more like a trial. It will have limited access after the trial period. Well worth the 10$ for full access you wont be sorry

Well worth the 10$ for full access you wont be sorry
    Agreed. I used the free version for 2 minutes before I paid for the full one.

I found the site, now what driver do I need
    Here is the direct link for the driver that you need for your XP machine.

Right now i am still using the free version of pdanet and it couldnt be easier. Once installed click the icon and click connect thats it. After the free trial i'll be switching to Easytether because its 1/3 the price

Quote Originally Posted by hotrodjoe View Post
    I would like to see a hack for the hot spot so we do not need to pay for it. Its robbing us without a gun.
    Once fully rooted, the app you need is called Wireless Tether 2.0.2. It allows use of the hotspot and has some very nice security features built in. But it requires that you have your phone rooted and nand unlocked.

Quote Originally Posted by jak89 View Post
    Thanks Varo. One other thing if i may. Now that i have done the new update there seems to be some debate as to weather i will be able to root at all? Question being should i wait a few days before rooting to make sure there are no issues? Thanks again
    Sorry was gone for a little while, if you have done the new OTA update, it is now possible to root your phone using a different method. I never accept OTA updates until there is a rooted version out as I don't want to lose root. Even if I didn't have root, I would probably wait a few days before applying any update just to make sure there are no, "it broke my phone" issues.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links