HTC EVO 4G Root

This is a discussion on HTC EVO 4G Root within the HTC EVO 4G Hacks forums, part of the HTC EVO 4G category; How long before we get full root access on the EVO 4G? I would guess within the first couple of weeks...

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: HTC EVO 4G Root

danDroid

HTC EVO 4G Root

How long before we get full root access on the EVO 4G? I would guess within the first couple of weeks

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Please I would love to root and then up to 2.2

Waiting patiently for this phone has been agonizing for me! Ever since October of 09 where i heard rumors of this phone surfacing, its been hell. I been off contract for 2 years. Low and behold patience paid off and we are givin a price for the phone, unlimited data, and the use of Hotspot.

This is where I got confuggled. How can you still have plans dat say unlimited and you still charge an extra 10 bucks to have unlimited 3G/4G data? Dandroid, if this aint highway robbery then wat is? I mean come on, then they top it off with a $30 dollar charge to use hotspot.

Im willing to pay the extra 10 bucks if i have to but to jump my plan to nearly 100 per month..NOT HAPPENING. I hope someone roots and figures a way to properly get FROYO 2.2 running on it to by pass that rediculous $30 dollar fee, with the native tethering program.

I can see the $10 for the 4G, it's a lot faster -- but $30 for hotspot is a joke. Do they really think they can take down iPhone with this? I was really looking forward to this phone but that's insane. Plus who needs to tether 8 computers? I can see charging $30 for 8 but i only need 1 - Sorry Dan, I'll stick with Steve- at least he doesn't lie.

The only reason why I want to root my EVO when I get it is for the wifi hotspot.

I'm new to rooting so my question is, can I root it and just activate that feature but leave everything else in the phone COMPLETELY IDENTICAL to the way it was before rooting? Specifically SenseUI and overall stability?

Also, new here so hello

video of EVO being rooted... Video of the HTC EVO 4G Being Rooted

danDroid
    Haha, that's awesome. This should open the door for some custom roms/themes!

Quote Originally Posted by billykent1972 View Post
    video of EVO being rooted... Video of the HTC EVO 4G Being Rooted

danDroid
    Hmm.. I would think so, but not 100% sure.

Quote Originally Posted by MetalHead View Post
    The only reason why I want to root my EVO when I get it is for the wifi hotspot.

I'm new to rooting so my question is, can I root it and just activate that feature but leave everything else in the phone COMPLETELY IDENTICAL to the way it was before rooting? Specifically SenseUI and overall stability?

Also, new here so hello

Quote Originally Posted by MetalHead View Post

Also, new here so hello
    for sure, the only thing rooting does it give you ROOT (Admin) access to the phone. it is then up to you to remove/add whatever you like. hope this helps.

That's good to know, thanks for the info.

I will be able to put it back to the way it was before the rooting should a warranty issue arise, right?

make sure you do a nandroid backup and yes. all the info you need on it will be here TheUnlockr.com - Cell Phone How To's, Phone Reviews, and Wireless News!

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links