HTC EVO 4G Rooting Instructions - Root is here!

This is a discussion on HTC EVO 4G Rooting Instructions - Root is here! within the HTC EVO 4G Hacks forums, part of the HTC EVO 4G category; Thanks to the guys at AndroidCentral and XDA Developers for this quick step by step walk through to root the evo 4g. (Note: THIS WILL ...

Thread: HTC EVO 4G Rooting Instructions - Root is here!

danDroid

HTC EVO 4G Rooting Instructions - Root is here!

Thanks to the guys at AndroidCentral and XDA Developers for this quick step by step walk through to root the evo 4g.

(Note: THIS WILL WIPE YOUR PHONE.)
    1. Download this file (PC36IMG.zip). Move it to the root (as in top level) of the Evo's storage card.
    2. Turn the phone off. Once it is, hold down the volume button and the power button until you get a white screen and some text. You're now in the bootloader. It should automatically start checking the PC36IMG.zip file you put on the card.
    3. Once it's done, it'll list all the images on the card and ask if you want to flash. (This is your last chance to back out.) Say yes, and we're on our way. It'll look like this as it's going:

4. After it's done, it'll ask if you want to reboot. Surely.
    That's it. You have a rooted ROM. You'll want to rename (or delete) the PC36IMG.zip image file that you put on the card, so that next time you enter the bootloader it won't try to automatically update again. You can do that by plugging in the phone, choosing "HTC Sync" and going to your favorite command line prompt and typing:
    adb shell mv /sdcard/PC36IMG.zip /sdcard/root-PC36IMG.zip
    Leave the phone plugged in if you want to go on to the next section and load the custom recovery. (After the break, for cleanliness.) Otherwise, you're done.
    Flashing recovery for custom ROMs

If you're going to want custom ROMs on the Evo, you need to flash the recovery image. Here's how you do that.
    1. Download this file (evorecovery) to your desktop (or whereever). Then unzip it.
    2. Return to your favorite command line prompt and type "adb reboot recovery" (without quotes). This will reboot the phone into recovery mode. It looks like this:

3. Once it's in recovery mode, go back to your computer. Find the evo-recovery file that you unzipped. Inside are a series of files. For Windows, double-click "recovery-windows.bat." (If you're running Windows Vista or Windows 7, right-click it first and choose "Run as administrator." Let it do it's thing, and you'll now have the custom recovery module so you can back up the phone, flash custom ROMs, etc.

That's it, everybody. Huge props to the folks at XDA and everybody who worked on this project.Once you're done here, head on over there and let them know how awesome they are.

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

nice a buddy of mine is on xda developers he was searching this for me because thats where he got info on the root of the nexus 1 thank you dan this is very helpful

Does anyone know if this will disable 4g?

I still can't root my phone when I try it keeps saying version is not up to day. Can someone help me please.

Derf did you update to 2.2? If so then there currently is no root available.

I'm sure we wont have to wait long for root on 2.2

Yeah they're getting close, I can feel it!

Junior Member ronnie.leo11@yahoo.com's Avatar
    Hey thanks for telling this..i tried many times but failed to do so..hope this instructions will help me lot. i have htc evo4 and i want more htc evo 4G skins..

HTC EVO 4G

Froyo code for HTC EVO 4G, Droid Incredible goes open source - Engadget Mobile

One step closer.

We're making progress on the EVO 4G Froyo root, but we still have no timeline. We'll keep everyone posted
    Source: http://twitter.com/unrevoked

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links