remove native apps?

This is a discussion on remove native apps? within the HTC EVO 4G Hacks forums, part of the HTC EVO 4G category; you know the ones im talking about the crap you didnt want sprint to put on there. im sure some people wanna use the nascar ...

Thread: remove native apps?

remove native apps?

you know the ones im talking about the crap you didnt want sprint to put on there. im sure some people wanna use the nascar app but i dont want it on my phone. how can i remove this app and other like it that came on my phone and i dont want?

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

I want to know the same thing. Also how do I stop the apps from starting up up all by themselves? These things are running my battery down opening all the time. I kill apps and they open back up without me touching my phone.

bigdave, I don't know if this will help, I have been using an app called Avance Task Killer for quite a while with my old mytouch. I downloaded on to my EVO. Everytime I power cycle or when I open another app and close it, I open the task killer app and it will close anything running in the background. That will at least help with the battery drain problem a little.....

There is a way to remove the apps, but it requires that you root your phone completely. Here's a link that will show you how.

(How-To) FULL ROOT WITHOUT ADB. - xda-developers

After that, you'll want to install Rom Manager and flash the ClockworkMod Recovery. Bugless Beast Rom comes with a Bloat Apps Removal tool, that doesn't require that you do a complete wipe. Or you can go in and remove them yourself if you're comfortable with that.

Please note: I'm not advocating that you root your phone, or change the Rom, I'm just telling you how I removed those *#@(*$@# worthless bloat apps that came with the phone.

Also note: If you're not comfortable with modifying your phone, watch some videos, ask some questions on the forums, and if you're still not sure, you probably shouldn't mess with it.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links