What Roms have you tried, and how would you rate them.

This is a discussion on What Roms have you tried, and how would you rate them. within the HTC EVO 4G Hacks forums, part of the HTC EVO 4G category; I've spent the better part of the last two weeks using just about every moment of free time that I have playing with my EVO. ...

Thread: What Roms have you tried, and how would you rate them.

What Roms have you tried, and how would you rate them.

I've spent the better part of the last two weeks using just about every moment of free time that I have playing with my EVO. I've rooted it and did the nand unlock and then installed Rom Manager. I can now download and install custom roms directly from this application, and it allows for you to manage backups and do custom back ups. Basically, its a great time saver for people who like to tinker with their phones and tweek them to get the most out of them.

The two main custom roms that I've tried have been Bugless Beast and Fresh. Both gave dramatic improvements to battery life, and overall responsiveness. The layouts were clean, Sense is gone, and so are all the "bloat apps". I tend to favor Fresh's just slightly over Bugless Beast, but more for subjective reasons rather than a great difference in performance.

I'll be trying more out in the weeks to come, and as I do, I'll try and give you my opinions on them also. (some people just are never satisfied)

Note: If you're not comfortable with the thought of tampering with your phone, and possibly voiding the warenty, then don't. I'm not suggesting that you do, just letting you know that it can be done, and what I think of the custom roms that I've tried. (in other words "don't blame me for bricking your phone")

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

iv tried froyo on my evo everything works so much smoother except one thing the camera was not working so i took it out, iv seen that rom manager how use full is that really ??

can anybody post a rom?

Quote Originally Posted by Lmontes View Post
    iv tried froyo on my evo everything works so much smoother except one thing the camera was not working so i took it out, iv seen that rom manager how use full is that really ??
    Only as useful as your thumbs. :D It has a built in custom recovery and allows for one touch back ups and rom switching. If you are thinking of using different roms, its a must!

EDIT: BTW the source code for the EVO was released, so now the custom roms have the camera functionality also, with much smoother scrolling.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links