Root the Htc evo 4g plus install wifi tether in 5 minutes

This is a discussion on Root the Htc evo 4g plus install wifi tether in 5 minutes within the HTC EVO 4G Hacks forums, part of the HTC EVO 4G category; go to the the market place and download dolphin hd browser This part must be done from your phone First get unrevoked here unrevoked Run ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Root the Htc evo 4g plus install wifi tether in 5 minutes

danDroid

Root the Htc evo 4g plus install wifi tether in 5 minutes

go to the the market place and download dolphin hd browser
    This part must be done from your phone
    First get unrevoked here unrevoked
    Run after its is downloaded then
    For the wifi tether apk http://bit.ly/wireless_tether_2_0_2_

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DtmeLa8G6Ys]YouTube - Root the Htc evo 4g plus install wifi tether in 5 minutes[/ame]

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

too many hoops to go through to download the tether app!

Quote Originally Posted by bgtmd View Post
    too many hoops to go through to download the tether app!
    Try this link to get wireless tether

Downloads - android-wifi-tether - Project Hosting on Google Code

Sam
    Very cool Dan

I thought Unrevoked only worked for phones not patched with the Sprint update that came out about a week after the phone was launched.

I had it installed originally and the update broke the simple root capability.

Just tried reinstalling it and can confirm, it still doesn't work.

Quote Originally Posted by levelbest View Post
    I thought Unrevoked only worked for phones not patched with the Sprint update that came out about a week after the phone was launched.

I had it installed originally and the update broke the simple root capability.

Just tried reinstalling it and can confirm, it still doesn't work.
    Don't know about unrevoked, but there is a simple root out there. You hook your phone up to your pc, then hit a button, let it do its thing, then hit another button, and then finally a third button, and you're done.

Then just use the wireless tether program and you're golden.

Can anyone please explain to me why people should root their evo's exactly.. what can this Rom do exactly that the stock Rom can't do?... You see all of these references to root your evo to this Rom , root your evo to that Rom.. but no one explains as to why we should or what using that particular Rom can do for us.. I've done Google searches and I couldn't find one shred of decent information as to why we should root hack our phones.. the only things I've gathered so far is that it gives you "superuser" access which allows you to over clock your evo.. I just am interested in this subject as well as others so if someone could post a link or make a sticky with all the ons and outs that would awesome thanks..

Quote Originally Posted by MORTON View Post
    Can anyone please explain to me why people should root their evo's exactly.. what can this Rom do exactly that the stock Rom can't do?... You see all of these references to root your evo to this Rom , root your evo to that Rom.. but no one explains as to why we should or what using that particular Rom can do for us.. I've done Google searches and I couldn't find one shred of decent information as to why we should root hack our phones.. the only things I've gathered so far is that it gives you "superuser" access which allows you to over clock your evo.. I just am interested in this subject as well as others so if someone could post a link or make a sticky with all the ons and outs that would awesome thanks..
    You must be an idiot...too

Android is Linux. Root gets you root user access which is total control over the phone. You can do anything you want at that point. Including but not limited to installing your own version of the OS (ROM) to use.

What does it get you? You can delete ALL apps at this point. Including the ones from Sprint you don't use which frees up space and memory. You can do things like use the HDMI out to play more things than just video you record yourself on the phone. Yeah, bet you didn't know that did you. Can't use the EVO to play HD YouTube videos on a HDMI screen. Only videos you make. This may be fixed in later Droid releases, but not available right now. You can actually get the EVO to run faster by more optimized ROMS. You can really make the phone look entirely different.

There are a number of apps that require you to have root access (rooted) to be installed, like the tether app. There are actually many more that do some pretty cool things. I had an HTC Hero before the EVO that I did root because after the last update on the Hero it was not getting Froyo or other updates so I wasn't worried.

The EVO is a different story. It will continue to get updates including 2.2+ updates. If you want those updates from Sprint and HTC, don't root. They won't show up and won't update (real rooted, not unrevoked). The other things that won't show up are any apps that are copy protected (and there are many) that look at your OS fingerprint and compare it to what is on record for your phone and if it's different (rooted or other ROM) you won't see those apps in the Market.

How do I know all this? I already rooted my EVO, the real way, and found the issues to far outway the benefits in this case. So I reloaded the OS and unrooted.

So unless you like to tinker and want to make it a hassle to update and continually "fix" your EVO, don't root.

You must be an idiot...too
    Can we refrain from name calling please?

I guess what they say is true takes one to know one. Thanks for the info at least some one could explain this in more detail finally!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links