Fresh Evo & SetCpu

This is a discussion on Fresh Evo & SetCpu within the HTC EVO 4G Hacks forums, part of the HTC EVO 4G category; Hats off you you again MH you're right on top of it again. Its been great being able to help some others that were a ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Fresh Evo & SetCpu

Hats off you you again MH you're right on top of it again.

Its been great being able to help some others that were a little leery about flashing and just plain worried about bricking their phone. Really the thanks goes to you for keeping me on track as far as that goes. I've been following in your footsteps so to speak since i finally rooted and its been a great experience.

Keep up the good work sir
    Didn't see this before, thanks man I really appreciate the kind words.

Yea lol i have typed 3.2 about 100 times in the last two days. Thanks for the info it will be my task for tonight.
    Let me know how it goes. I think you're going to really like it. You won't get ridiculous quadrant scores but the phone just runs better, and IMHO that is more important.

I've never really been about the overall score but more about performance. If it works good, it is good
    Build: Fresh Evo 3.2.0.0 By Flipz
    Kernel Version: King-havs-OcUverik@Ubuntu#9
    Phone: Htc Evo 4g Proud owner 6/4/10
    Over Clocked to 1.2ghz
    ADW.Launcher
    ClockworkMod Recovery
    Unrevoked 3.2
    You i balling me or you just like my Evo

Some guy keeps bothering me on XDA about getting higher quadrant scores. That's all he cares about. I try to explain over and over that it's just a number and doesn't *necessarily* translate into better performance but he doesn't care. I think he wants to be able to fry an egg on his battery or something.

Dont get me wrong i sure like seeing the fps up to 53 but the quad score, not so important (unless i'm comparing to my friends X)
    Over Clocked to 1.2ghz
    ADW.Launcher
    ClockworkMod Recovery
    Unrevoked 3.2

Agreed on fps, that goes without saying.

What do you think about the X? I got to play with one finally the other day and aside from the screen (gotta be honest with this one, it's definitely better) I wasn't terribly impressed.

What kind of scores was your buddy's X getting?

I do like the screen but never fails when i pick up my Evo compared to any phone it feels like quality. His camera dont focus to well either. I dont like blur but he went with ADW per my suggestion so thats better. I also never like the physical buttons. The HD2 and the X both have them and just no. Thats crazy too because my last phone (HTC Diamond) had physical buttons and i thought i would hate the buttons on the new Evo. With the diamond though my screen froze all the time and i had to have the physical buttons.

Besides that i dont see anything his phone can do better then mine. Funny with me rooted now i kinda rub that in his face but i dont think he would root even if he could.
    Over Clocked to 1.2ghz
    ADW.Launcher
    ClockworkMod Recovery
    Unrevoked 3.2

I agree with you on the buttons. I really liked the look of the HD2 originally and the feel of the hard buttons but after having the Evo there's no way I would want hard buttons on any of my phones. Honestly, if the Evo 2 is nearly identical in form I would be happy. In fact, if they made every iteration of the Evo the exact same on the outside from now until the day I die, I would own them all with pride.

The guy at Best Buy the other day called the Droid X the Evo killer and I just shook my head and laughed. He must have been high.

Quote Originally Posted by MetalHead View Post
    The guy at Best Buy the other day called the Droid X the Evo killer and I just shook my head and laughed. He must have been high.
    LOL

I agree, to me the Evo design is just tits for me. It was a little getting use to at first when i kept hitting the dang search button with my thumb but thats a thing of the past. I seen photo's of the Desire HD and liked that too....it looks like the Evo lol
    Over Clocked to 1.2ghz
    ADW.Launcher
    ClockworkMod Recovery
    Unrevoked 3.2

That search button used to annoy the crap out of me too, but I haven't accidently hit it in a while, at least a couple hours lol

Yeah the Desire HD is a sexy looking device. I'm torn on whether or not I like the aluminum though. Oh wait, the brits are getting the phone, it's ALUMINIUM, sorry.

i need help im a noob i have a evo 2.2 had to take my old one back and got this one already updated to 2.2 i want to use fresh room but i was told u cant use it if u do unevoked to root ur phone like i did the new one step root, then i seen something about u cant change the Hboot to 79 or whatever mines at 93.00 im sosososo lost i just want to use fresh KEEP my 4G!!! and be happy please help!!! ......

base= 2.15.00.07.28
    kernel= 2.6.32.15-g746f4f0 htc-kernel@and18-2 #58
    build num = 3.26.651.6 CL218634 release-keys
    software num = 3.26.651.6
    pri = 1.40_003
    prl = 60670

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links