Fresh Evo & SetCpu

This is a discussion on Fresh Evo & SetCpu within the HTC EVO 4G Hacks forums, part of the HTC EVO 4G category; I have a simple question can someone give me some info on whether setcpu needs to be used with the fresh evo rom? And what ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Fresh Evo & SetCpu

Fresh Evo & SetCpu

I have a simple question can someone give me some info on whether setcpu needs to be used with the fresh evo rom? And what are the correct settings? Coming from a droid some of the techniques are different any help would be appreciated

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Quote Originally Posted by JeffR714 View Post
    I have a simple question can someone give me some info on whether setcpu needs to be used with the fresh evo rom? And what are the correct settings? Coming from a droid some of the techniques are different any help would be appreciated
    Not sure I understand why you need to adjust with setcpu. Are you trying to increase fps? Or are you trying to overclock for better speed? The rom really isn't the determining factor on most phones, its the Kernel that determines if you need to tweek with setcpu. At least that's been my experience, I'm currently running Netarchy's Kernel with the stock rom, and I've tweeked with setcpu to achieve the best results for speed and battery and fps. But most people running this Kernel, do not need to do anything at all. And I'm fairly certain, you can flash "Fresh" right over this Kernel, without any need to tweek setcpu.

EVO 4G 003
    Rooted and Nand Unlocked
    Stock 1.47
    Netarchy's 3.7.1 Kernel
    fps > 55
    stddev < 7
    5 touchpoints

Varo do you have a novatech or an epson screen? I'm curious because it is my understanding that the novatechs are getting around 46fps right now and your signature says you're getting 55. I'm assuming that you have an epson? Also, are you experiencing any screen tearing?

Quote Originally Posted by MetalHead View Post
    Varo do you have a novatech or an epson screen? I'm curious because it is my understanding that the novatechs are getting around 46fps right now and your signature says you're getting 55. I'm assuming that you have an epson? Also, are you experiencing any screen tearing?
    Sorry! I've got a Nova screen. Both screens are now capable of 55 fps with the Netarchy's Kernel. The Nova screens seem to have less complaints on tearing then the epson ones, but that's just conjecture based off of reading other's posts about thier results.

was trying to underclock but I've achieved that I will try the kernal that you recommend and will leave setcpu for my droid. I have to remember this is a totally different device.It's like re-learning but I will d/l the kernal you recommend and reinstall fresh evo and go from there I'll keep you posted.......Jeff

Quote Originally Posted by Varo View Post
    EVO 4G 003
    Rooted and Nand Unlocked
    Stock 1.47
    Netarchy's 3.7.1 Kernel
    fps > 55
    stddev < 7
    5 touchpoints
    I thought the EVO 003 HW version was using the Epson screen and only the 001 or 002 used the Novatech.

Quote Originally Posted by wbpo5l View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Varo View Post
    EVO 4G 003
    Rooted and Nand Unlocked
    Stock 1.47
    Netarchy's 3.7.1 Kernel
    fps > 55
    stddev < 7
    5 touchpoints
    I thought the EVO 003 HW version was using the Epson screen and only the 001 or 002 used the Novatech.

Nope, 003 are Nova's and 002 can be either Nova or Epson. To check, adb shell into your phone, and do a dmesg | grep mddi

Nope, 003 are Nova's and 002 can be either Nova or Epson. To check, [I]adb shell into your phone, and do a dmesg | grep mddi
    0003 can be Nova or Epson. I have a release date 003 Evo and I have a Epson screen.

[quote=Varo;2384]
    Quote Originally Posted by JeffR714 View Post

EVO 4G 003
    Rooted and Nand Unlocked
    Stock 1.47
    Netarchy's 3.7.1 Kernel
    fps > 55
    stddev < 7
    5 touchpoints
    May I asked how you installed Netarchy's 3.7.1 Kernel on your rooted Evo? I want to do the same thing on mine! Can it still access 4G? Thanks for your help!

You flash a kernel just like you flash a rom
    Build: Fresh Evo 3.2.0.0 By Flipz
    Kernel Version: King-havs-OcUverik@Ubuntu#9
    Phone: Htc Evo 4g Proud owner 6/4/10
    Over Clocked to 1.2ghz
    ADW.Launcher
    ClockworkMod Recovery
    Unrevoked 3.2
    You i balling me or you just like my Evo

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/