Does unrEVOked3 wipe your phone?

This is a discussion on Does unrEVOked3 wipe your phone? within the HTC EVO 4G Hacks forums, part of the HTC EVO 4G category; Once you root and play around with flashing different roms and kernels and whatnot, you'll see how truly difficult it is to brick your phone. ...

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Does unrEVOked3 wipe your phone?

Once you root and play around with flashing different roms and kernels and whatnot, you'll see how truly difficult it is to brick your phone. If something gets screwed up during any process (even the rooting process) you can always revert your Evo back to how it was before you tried doing whatever it is you were doing.

where would I find instructions on how to root the EVO 4G?

Here is a link to the guide that I used. It seems a lot more complicated than it actually is. There is a link to a video walkthrough in the first post that I recommend watching a before you start rooting. After watching the video walkthrough if you still think it's too involved, then just give it a few more days and I'm sure Unrevoked will be out.

[GUIDE] How to root Android 2.2 on the EVO 4G - xda-developers

Thats right i'm rooted.....now what lol

Haha awesome! Did you use unrevoked or did you do it the long way? What kernel/ROM are you using? I dig the screen too... would you mind posting that wallpaper?

This is what I'm rockin' currently-

Download Rare Black Wallpaper thats where i got it, theres alot of cool ones. Now rooted with Unrevoked 3.2 and it was simple as hell. As far as Rom's or Kernel's....still stock. I was kinda waiting for your direction on that one. I know you went threw a bunch. Really it was so easy to root i think every Evo should be rooted

The Unrevoked 3.2 is still down but i found a link to it on another site and jumped on it

http://webchat.freenode.net/?channels=unrevokedtest

Yeah my buddy downloaded it from their IRC channel to root his brothers Evo, he said it worked great.

The first thing I would recommend doing is flashing a kernel. It's the easiest thing to do, it won't wipe your data and you're gonna love how much smoother it is. You can keep your ROM completely stock and still have the performance benefits of a custom kernel.

There are a bunch of kernels out there but the one I have had the best luck with is Kingxkernel BFS #6. Here is the devs thread on XDA, you can find the link for the kernel in the first post. If you have any questions, PM me.

MetalHead i grabbed your kernel and my FPS are 53 avg.

I've been messing with this thing all night. Watched a video of a guy with CM6 with a benchmark of 2200 with the snap kernel. You lose 4g though so i didnt want to try it

Isn't it ridiculous how much smoother it is with that kernel?? I can NEVER go back to a FPS capped kernel now. If you overclock with SetCPU you can pull 1550-1650 in quadrant. :D

I am not a fan of CM6 AT ALL. I tried it for 2 days and sure I was benchmarking high but I think the ROM just sucked. It messed with my screen resolution making everything look crappy, and just didn't run as smooth as the sense ROMs.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links