Does unrEVOked3 wipe your phone?

This is a discussion on Does unrEVOked3 wipe your phone? within the HTC EVO 4G Hacks forums, part of the HTC EVO 4G category; Ok forgot one major part. Once i am all flashed how do i get all my info back on my phone, settings and apps and ...

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Does unrEVOked3 wipe your phone?

Ok forgot one major part. Once i am all flashed how do i get all my info back on my phone, settings and apps and such.

Titanium Backup! Run a backup with it before you flash the ROM. Have you downloaded it yet?

Yea i downloaded it and did a backup. Then i flashed the rom played and had to nan recover. Where is Titanium located after you flash?

I already raided your root app selections lol

Titanium doesn't come with Fresh, so you need to either redownload it from the market or do what I do which is keep the .apk on my SD card and use Astro or ES to install it. Did you do a batch backup? When I do my backups with titanium, I do a batch backup of ALL my user apps and only the settings from system data. The settings are the ones listed in green whereas the apps are listed in red.

To restore, just choose "restore missing apps + system data" and let it go. The paid version will do the whole restore automatically but with the free one you have to hit install for each app as it comes up which becomes VERY annoying after you do it a couple times. Once the restore is complete, reboot your phone. Make sure USB debugging and non-market apps are enabled.

Ok. I also made a new folder on my desktop and copied my sd card to said folder. Maybe this way i can then move Titanium backup from that folder back to my sd after flashing hmmm.

Flashing doesn't wipe the SD card but it's a good idea to keep a backup of it just in case.

Thanks for the Help MH. If i didnt have anyone to bounce ideas off of i'd be as useless as a blind man in a strip club. Just looking thru Titanium and found where you can create a zip file that you can also flash in recovery. Maybe i need to review everything instead of rushing.

Wow, I didn't even know you could do that lol! I think it would be a lot easier to just flash from recovery than having to reinstall Titanium and manually start your restore.

No prob, happy to help

MetalHead i am messing with SetCpu, just curious what is the max you overclock to without any negative effects? That and which scaling do you use? I'm using ondemand right now but i dont want to make alot of changes before educating myself a little first lol.

The max stable setting for me and most people is 1190. Any higher than that and you risk bootloops. I usually never go past 1152 though. When experimenting, make sure "Set at boot" is unchecked that way if you do get a reboot, you can set it back down to a stable setting and you won't get stuck in a loop. I use ondemand when I'm playing games and conservative during my normal use. I actually drop the clock down to 768 when I'm not doing anything heavy on the phone, it helps to save battery and performs just fine.

I also have profiles set, to help conserve battery:

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links