Custom Rom & Sense

This is a discussion on Custom Rom & Sense within the HTC EVO 4G Hacks forums, part of the HTC EVO 4G category; If you use a custom rom one the EVO like Fresh or something are you still able to keep the sense widgets? I was heavily ...

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Custom Rom & Sense

Custom Rom & Sense

If you use a custom rom one the EVO like Fresh or something are you still able to keep the sense widgets? I was heavily into modding the moto droids and have switched to sprint and the evo and would just like to know if its worth taking the plunge because i really love the sense widgets and use them ALOT. thanks in advance guys!

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Quote Originally Posted by beanx View Post
    If you use a custom rom one the EVO like Fresh or something are you still able to keep the sense widgets? I was heavily into modding the moto droids and have switched to sprint and the evo and would just like to know if its worth taking the plunge because i really love the sense widgets and use them ALOT. thanks in advance guys!
    Yes and no. Some of the roms are very similar to senceUi just with root access and others take off and modify a lot more but the great thing is you can install Sence similar widgets so you wont really miss a thing.

If the ROM is a Sense ROM then yes, you can still use the widgets. Fresh, BakedSnack, Evio, Ava, Fusion, VirusROM are all Sense ROMs that still have the widgets.

If you're considering Fresh, go for it. It's my daily driver and can't recommend it enough. Pretty sure the guy above me uses Fresh too.

Yea Fresh for sure. I have been hesitating on even trying another rom right now because Fresh is smooth. When i first flashed Fresh it was a little buggy but a quick reflash and all the bugs are gone...and to be honest what will i gain from jumping around the rom market when i have all i want out of Fresh

I have tried a whole bunch and have had the best luck with Fresh. Baked Snack and EVio are really good too but I think Fresh is more stable and it has everything I need.

Have you noticed how much better Pandora sounds with Fresh compared to stock Froyo?

I tried Pandora the other night and it sounds fine to me. Maybe they fixed it and it has nothing to do with the ROM?
    I gave my iPhone to my 5 year old and got an EVO.

I haven't even tried Pandora. Figured it would be all over the forum's if it was fixed

Jak- It is fixed, every time you see someone mention Stagefright, that's what they're referring to. It's built in to Fresh.

Rich it hasn't been fixed yet for non-rooted phones. The only way to do it aside from rooting is through an OTA from Sprint because the problem is with how Froyo decodes AAC, and not with Pandora. There hasn't been an OTA since the Froyo update.

Sweet i didnt realize Stagefright was part of Fresh. I love this damn phone lol

MetalHead since we are fully rooted (s-off) that means when they put an ota out we dont have to worry about losing root in the future correct?

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links