I think XDA has finally done it ROOT FOR 2.2

This is a discussion on I think XDA has finally done it ROOT FOR 2.2 within the HTC EVO 4G Hacks forums, part of the HTC EVO 4G category; Its probably best that you go somewhere with internet. Even McDonalds if you have to lol...

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: I think XDA has finally done it ROOT FOR 2.2

Its probably best that you go somewhere with internet. Even McDonalds if you have to lol

Back where i'm from in Michigan i would be hard pressed to find a wifi hotspot but here in Vegas there all over. I'm just want to be in a stress free spot when i do it.

That and I'M NERVOUS LOL. I mean i think i could get-er-done but i'm still building up the courage.

I was nervous too but it was painless. You'll have no issues. My buddy and I both had second thoughts before we did it but they went away 10 minutes into the process. I'm telling you man, it's easier than it seems.

Flashed KingxKernel BFS# 4 and overclocked to 1190.

Quadrant- 1474 :D
    Linpack- 38.58 MFLOPS
    Benchmark PI- 932

With this kernel I got 1260 on quadrant while UNDERclocked @ 800mhz

Installed my first ROM today, Fresh Evo.

It's like the stock ROM, but really stripped down. I got close to 1600 in quadrant today

Tomorrow I am going to try out Cyanogen. Was going to do it today but I guess I don't have the right HBOOT. Cyanogen is different than most other ROMs because it is AOSP and not based off an HTC software release. That means it is made from the stock Android software from Google.

How is your battery while you're overclocked?

I only overclock when I'm playing a 3D game like N.O.V.A or Heavy Gunner. I really haven't noticed any decrease in battery life compared to stock when I do, but that's probably because the kernel I have is more efficient than the stock one. I actually underclock it to 768 when I'm not doing anything intensive. I am seeing close to double overall battery life with the way I have it set up. I have JuiceDefender turning off my radios whenever the screen is off, and SetCpu is throttling my cpu when the screen is off and when the battery is low.

Sweet i didn't realize you could change it that easy. Makes you wonder how you can add different kernel's and roms to make your phone so much better then what Htc puts out as stock.
    You have a huge company put out a great phone and then some 16 year old can sit in his bedroom and put out some crazy $h!t to make your phone just that much more awesome

Yeah, I have a widget on my home screen that lets me over/underclock on the fly. Just got to be careful to not overclock too much because then the phone becomes very unstable. 1152 mhz is as high as I'll go.

I tried 6 different kernels today and they were ALL a thousand times better than the stock kernel. You would think HTC would want the phone to perform as high as possible but it's painfully evident how not true that is once you start flashing. I finally feel like I got the phone I was promised and now it outperforms EVERY other [stock] phone on the market. Including the Galaxy S, DroidX, and N1.

Metal Head,

I just accomplished root myself, and you were right pretty easy...It took me three hours to get mine done with interruptions and rereading. I just finished installing wifi tether....would there be any certain reason as to why wifi tether would not connect to an Ipod touch to provide internet access? I was attemtping to test it out with a friends Ipod touch, it was seeing and connecting to my evo 4g but no internet connection was running thru the ipod. Next question, what did you use to remove the sprint bloatware, what programs, or what commands did you use and how did you go about it(this im confused on)?

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links