I think XDA has finally done it ROOT FOR 2.2

This is a discussion on I think XDA has finally done it ROOT FOR 2.2 within the HTC EVO 4G Hacks forums, part of the HTC EVO 4G category; Originally Posted by MetalHead Installed my first ROM today, Fresh Evo. It's like the stock ROM, but really stripped down. I got close to 1600 ...

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: I think XDA has finally done it ROOT FOR 2.2

Quote Originally Posted by MetalHead View Post
    Installed my first ROM today, Fresh Evo.

It's like the stock ROM, but really stripped down. I got close to 1600 in quadrant today

Tomorrow I am going to try out Cyanogen. Was going to do it today but I guess I don't have the right HBOOT. Cyanogen is different than most other ROMs because it is AOSP and not based off an HTC software release. That means it is made from the stock Android software from Google.
    Metal try Evio 1.1, you won't regret it!

Metal try Evio 1.1, you won't regret it!
    I'll give it a shot, I'm having bad luck with cyanogen. I can't find a single snap kernel to use that doesn't cause a bootloop. What kernel do you recommend to use with Evio? Also, have you tried cyanogen before?

Downloading Evio right now, gonna take a while (thanks mediafire). I'm giving up on cyanogen. I've tried 7 different kernels and not a single one is stable.

Just got Cyanogen working with an older Snap kernel. As soon as Evio is down downloading I'm gonna flash it and decide which one I want to use for a while.

edit: I just noticed you said Evio 1.1, I'm downloading the 1.2 beta. Have you tried that one?

Any of the Evio's are going to make you happy. Some folks just don't like to deal with bugs that all the beta's have. But Calkulin's roms are by far the least buggy of any I've tried. As far as kernels, I use nothing but Netarchy's kernels, cause I hate boot loops. I've never gotten a boot loop on one of his kernels, I've frozen my phone a few times trying to overclock too high, but never boot looped.

Quote Originally Posted by Drewtorrespr View Post
    Metal Head,

I just accomplished root myself, and you were right pretty easy...It took me three hours to get mine done with interruptions and rereading. I just finished installing wifi tether....would there be any certain reason as to why wifi tether would not connect to an Ipod touch to provide internet access? I was attemtping to test it out with a friends Ipod touch, it was seeing and connecting to my evo 4g but no internet connection was running thru the ipod. Next question, what did you use to remove the sprint bloatware, what programs, or what commands did you use and how did you go about it(this im confused on)?
    Sorry, I completely missed this post :/

I used Titanium Backup to delete the sprint apps. Just open it up, click the backup/restore tab, click on the app and then hit uninstall. Easy as can be!

As for the wifi tethering, mine didn't work either when I first tried it. I downloaded the latest beta release and it works great. Get the one at the top of the list with pre8 in the filename.

Hope this helps.

Varo I have been having difficulty with pretty much ALL the new kernels, not just the snap kernels for CM6. I can't get king's or netarchy's new kernels to work at all. Just bootloops. I'm starting to think there's something wrong with my Evo. That's too many kernels that seem to work fine for other people that don't work at all for me. Tried multiple ROM/kernel combinations. Any ideas what could cause this? My recovery perhaps? I'm using AmonRA 1.8 if that helps.

Actually, Amon RA is my choice when it comes to recovery, so it shouldn't be that. Did you do a complete wipe before install? Data, Cache, Davlik, Cache, Davlik in that order? (wipe the those cache guys twice) After the wipe are you installing the rom next, then rebooting, then flashing the kernel? Last but not least, check the radio that you have and make sure that its the latest out there, also do the same with the Wimax. Most of the people that have reported boot loops were able to fix it with doing the wipes.

Let me know.

Yeah, I've wiped over and over in every order imaginable. I just flashed back to full stock, and am in the process of re-rooting again. I hope that will clear up my issues.

Yeah that didn't work. I'm just going to revert back to 100% stock 2.2 and exchange it for a new Evo. I'll just ***** at them and tell them I've been having a bunch of problems ever since the 2.2 update. Worst case scenario I'll just use my insurance and shell out the $100.

Hey maybe they will upgrade you to the nifty new Epic...jk That sucks, hope they have you one in stock so you dont have to wait

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links