I think XDA has finally done it ROOT FOR 2.2

This is a discussion on I think XDA has finally done it ROOT FOR 2.2 within the HTC EVO 4G Hacks forums, part of the HTC EVO 4G category; [GUIDE] How to root Android 2.2 on the EVO 4G - xda-developers Follow this link, If I am Right the Developers over on XDA forums ...

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: I think XDA has finally done it ROOT FOR 2.2

I think XDA has finally done it ROOT FOR 2.2

[GUIDE] How to root Android 2.2 on the EVO 4G - xda-developers

Follow this link, If I am Right the Developers over on XDA forums have finally done it....I know many of us have made the mistake of updating to the OTA 2.2 which destroyed our hopes of root for a lil while...Its seems pretty complicated so give them a few days to clear out the directions to doing this before you attempt, if not wait longer and they may have a more simplified version of this in the future.

Stern warning as always....Proceed with root at your own risk

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Yup! They've rooted it! I found out yesterday and spent quite some time reading that thread. I am going to root over the weekend.

Question before even attempting

Metalhead, we should be able to pick up our stock 2.2 n follow their directions as listed n start it correct? It seemed confusing at best, n would be my first attempt at rooting writing into the command line. They mentioned that for every line of code you write out you need to follow with ENTER am I right?

Yes, if you follow the guide TO A "T" you will be able to root your phone. What that method actually does is downgrade your Evo to 2.1 and then uses Unrevoked to gain root. You don't actually need to use Unrevoked, you can use any of the 2.1 root methods available.

To answer your question about the command line- yes, you do need to hit enter to execute each command.

I read this yesterday about 5 times and it sounds scary at best. I'm still working on the sdk with no luck.ill have to wait and see on this one

Jak89 to be honest it looks like a brick waiting to happen...imma give it about 4 more days to see if they can clean up the directions n hopefully put more screenshots. Judging by this root being hard as Hell for XDA contributors to pull this off, it seems like HTC really studied the last exploit to make sure their were no work Arounds. HTC is out to keep their phones from being rooted as we keep updating up the lAdder. Hopefully gingerbred won't be a pain in the ass....

Thnx metalhead, for your answer.

Drew i hear that and so far being skeptical has probably saved my phone. What happened to the good old days of one click rooting. This my first android phone and i have never rooted before and although i am learning i still wouldnt trust my skill level to a root of this magnitude.

Hopefully Metalhead will have some success with it and we'll get some tips on the in's and out's of the whole thing.

My buddy and I are going to do it tomorrow. I've looked over the guide quite a few times and it really doesn't seem that difficult. I'll report back to this thread tomorrow night after we do it. I have no problem being the guinea pig.

Ok, I'm at my friend's house and we are doing it right now. We're downloading the files right now and about to start to rooting process.

Stay tuned!

I am officially rooted at 2.1 with full nand unlock. It was waaay easier than it seems. Worked without a hitch.

I am currently loading the rooted 2.2 rom w/ custom recovery.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links