boot looping rooted evo 4g

This is a discussion on boot looping rooted evo 4g within the HTC EVO 4G Hacks forums, part of the HTC EVO 4G category; ok i got a rooted htc evo 4g using clockwork mod w/adw. i tried to put a theme on thru recovery and when i booted ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: boot looping rooted evo 4g

boot looping rooted evo 4g

ok i got a rooted htc evo 4g using clockwork mod w/adw. i tried to put a theme on thru recovery and when i booted it the theme was there in the swipe screen. but then the pop up came and asked what launcher i wanted to use it showed lancher, htc sense, adw. so i picked adw and checked the lil box to not ask again and when i swiped the lock to goto home page i started to get massive force closing on everything and the new theme wasnt there. so i went back into recovery wiped everything and went back to home screen and still had massive fc's. so back again wiped three times rebooted and then started a boot loop. pulled battery then back to recovery and wiped again restored and rebooted and still boot looping. tried everything i can think off and i still get boot looping.

so what would happen if i take it back to stock unrooted? or how do i get the h e double hockey sticks out of boot loop?

any help from the gurus would be greatful..

bob

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

If after wiping you are still stuck in a bootloop try flashing a different rom and see how that helps
    Build: Fresh Evo 3.2.0.0 By Flipz
    Kernel Version: King-havs-OcUverik@Ubuntu#9
    Phone: Htc Evo 4g Proud owner 6/4/10
    Over Clocked to 1.2ghz
    ADW.Launcher
    ClockworkMod Recovery
    Unrevoked 3.2
    You i balling me or you just like my Evo

What ROM/kernel/theme are you trying? Did you wipe Dalvik/cache before flashing the theme?

Did you make a nandroid backup before flashing the theme?

Also, do what Jak said. It's entirely possible your theme isn't compatible with your ROM, so flashing a new ROM should clear up your bootloops. Always remember to WIPE first!

cool i will try that. thanks for the fast reply guys your awesome. ok where can i find the stock rom or kernel

this was the theme i tried to flash. it was the halloween one.
    http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/htc-evo-4g-themes-mods/124205-sgbz-evo-themes-clear-lakers-pynk-more-froyo.html

i would realy like to find the stock rom and kerneli will flash that then work from there?

i have a droid 1 rooted running chevy ss4.8 with a chevy 1,0ghz kernel and a nu-york theme on adw and it was this hard to set up.
    any help with the stock stuff would be great im on a mission and i wearing out the google search.

bob

Here is the stock, rooted ROM. Flashing it from recovery should clear your problem up. It's also de-odexed so it should take a theme easier. Remember to wipe EVERYTHING. That means data/factory, cache, dalvik.

Did you try flashing that theme over a completely stock ROM? What version software were you running? If it was odexed (which it is if it came straight from HTC/Sprint) then it's not very easily themeable. Flashing the theme *should* work fine with the deodexed ROM I linked you to.

metalhead you rock dude! thanks man.
    ill let you know tommorow how it goes
    off to get some z's.

bob

sry ok this is a lil over my head and ill admit it but im not afraid to ask. or try to fix it for that matter i was in the military so i can follow directions. but i followed the link. and i have several questions.
    does this rom have the stock kernel also?
    plus i get it that the first one is the rom but what are the mirror links that follow it?
    does it take different roms depending on you phone so the mirrors are the same rom but altered just a little?
    so if thatas the case i need to try the rom that will eventualy work/ or should i just use the first one and shoot from the hip?

bob

I try to be as helpful to everyone as people were to me when I first started rooting, glad I could help you.

The mirrors are just alternate servers to download the exact same file from. When it first went up, too many people tried downloading it at the same time and it was terribly slow so people re-uploaded it to different sites so more people could download at the same time. It doesn't matter which one you download it from, you are getting the same file.

Yes, it comes with the latest stock kernel, which is an awesome kernel. I can't wait for the source to be released and someone makes it overclockable!

cool gotcha i understand. and good to hear about the kernel
    thanks for the help im gonna fix this pig tommorow.
    im gonna check my droid 1 tether on speedtest.net

thanks metalhead

bob

ok i go tit back. but man oh man was it a chore. after wiping everything i then tried to reboot but it still was in the loop. so i tried to hook it up the the pc to add the new rom. mhmm like that worked i ended up removing the sd card and trying it in my droid to install the rom but no go on that. so eventualy i used an adaptor for the micro sd card. installed the new rom and then deleted stuff that i didnt think i needed like the theme that started it all. and other zip files. well after flashing the new rom it was still in a loop. by this time i was getting dizzy from allm these circle. so i went back in and wiped everything again rebooted then did a battery pul and when it rebooted again bamm! it waz back to stock like a new phone but with su. so i restored everything thru back up pro. reinstalled the theme that jacked it up and it worked. cool halloween theme. and everythings fine.
    im wondering if the theme i flashed will work with adw? since thats when the problems started after the first install. when i picked adw as my launche after flashing the new theme. i dont know but its fixed and works great. its even a little snappier no drag when swipping screem to screen.

thanks everyone.

bob

I had this same thing happen to me and I have a question for MetalHead or anyone who would know. For some reason, my phone booted back up after I installed the stock rooted rom but it's not working right. It lags real bad, my Superadmin icon is black with crossbones in it and none of my contacts are updated. I had to re-enter my gmail info but all my programs were still there. What do I do now?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links