Htc Evo on clearwires 4g, not sprints

This is a discussion on Htc Evo on clearwires 4g, not sprints within the HTC EVO 4G Hacks forums, part of the HTC EVO 4G category; I have spent some time with an Evo with a bad esn. I have one for my phone as well but lots of people want ...

Thread: Htc Evo on clearwires 4g, not sprints

Question Htc Evo on clearwires 4g, not sprints

I have spent some time with an Evo with a bad esn. I have one for my phone as well but lots of people want to do more with the bad esn phones without having to illegally clone another esn into it or do crazy hacks.

So it took a few tries, but eventually I found someone at clearwire to add my devices 4G MAC to the clearwire network. I am going to write up a small tutorial of the whole process, but first I need some help from some knowledgeable users.

As of now my devices 4g MAC has been added as a device on the clear network. There is a trick to getting them to do it. But anyhow, now if I turn on 4g it searches and tries uncussefully to connect to Sprint. If I scan for 4g networks, same deal, it just looks for Sprint by default it seems. Is there any backdoor options for getting it to actually look for 4g networks like WiFi networks will return multiple results and let you choose one? Or some internal settings? Just to let u know I'm on 2.2 firmware and unrooted. Completely stock evo aside from the bad esn Ofcourse.

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

I would like to have my Evo's Mac added to clear. I can help you with getting it to connect. Please get back to me.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links