How to Root Gingerbread

This is a discussion on How to Root Gingerbread within the HTC EVO 4G Hacks forums, part of the HTC EVO 4G category; Rooting Gingerbread on the EVO 4G 1)Go here Revolutionary and follow the read me, download revolutionary and run the program. Here is a file and ...

Thread: How to Root Gingerbread

How to Root Gingerbread

Rooting Gingerbread on the EVO 4G
    1)Go here Revolutionary and follow the read me, download revolutionary and run the program.
    Here is a file and a video: Guide to Rooting Gingerbread with Revolutionary - Android Forums
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SZBGAVi_tSY&feature=iv&annotation_id=annot ation_32465]How to ROOT HTC Evo 4G Gingerbread! [NEW] - YouTube[/ame]
    Notes, use the files from revolutionary not the links on the video and if revolutionary does not work, some users, myself included needed to run it a second time.
    2)Go here and get the zip file to flash: [ROM] Sprint Updated 1.2 [4.22.651.2] (Odex,Deodexed) - xda-developers
    Note The flash zip file from revolutionary will give you rooted Froyo not Gingerbread so use this file instead.
    3)Note If you brick your phone no big deal. What I did after bricking my phone while trying this was to copy the zip file from revolutionary to my sd card after clearing the card. This allowed me to boot into rooted froyo and try again. Note revolutionary does not give you root, it does give you s-off and changes the bootloader then you can flash the rooted gingerbread from XDA and viola, rooted Gingerbread!

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Instructions

I have off Wed and will write up detailed instructions if there is anyone who is interested. There weren't any replies here so I will see if there is interest before going through the work.
    I will also post pics of SU, Root Checker and Settings screen showing 2.3.3. This really works.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links