HTC EVO 4G Problems? Post 'em here

This is a discussion on HTC EVO 4G Problems? Post 'em here within the HTC EVO 4G Tech Support forums, part of the HTC EVO 4G category; ok I am going to ask this.....I will explain a little first. When my phone is tethered to my notebook and running PDAnet the backlight ...

Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6141516

Thread: HTC EVO 4G Problems? Post 'em here

PLEASE someone let me know!!

ok I am going to ask this.....I will explain a little first. When my phone is tethered to my notebook and running PDAnet the backlight is off. from time to time the backlight comes on. I have heard that it could be from someone hacking in to my phone. What I want to know is, is that true?? and if they are can they hack and view my computer files because its tethered?? I don't really like to have my personal info looked at or copied or anything. Is there an app somewhere that can monitor my phone and/or computer to let me know if someone is on and searching?? Also is there an app that will block anyone from hacking in??? PLEASE someone answer and let me know. ☮☮☮ & ♥❤❥❦❧

Out of memory

I have an Evo 4G... I have stripped everything from the phone except for TweetDeck and my Contacts (which I can't move to the SD card) and I STILL am getting out of memory errors.

I can clear the data from Tweetdeck, but then I lose all my column settings. Yes, TweetDeck logs into Twitter (I would like Facebook sync'd, but have removed that) - but it's the ONLY application I am running.

I have 90MB of contacts - due mostly to my Google+ account. I have a fair number of twitter, facebook and Google+ friends, but surely there is a way around this.

Maybe programming in contacts that can be loaded onto the SD card... while others stay on the phone memory.

Maybe a way to NOT sync some contacts with the phone.

Whatever the case I am EXTREMELY FRUSTRATED with the phone and about to go with an iPhone. I HATE Apple, but they don't have this problem.

I want to use my smartphone for more than just a phone - but right now, that isn't possible.

HELP!!!

Quote Originally Posted by dps152 View Post
    everytime i enter "messages" if i tap on the "john smith" thread it comes up with the "jane doe" thread and i end up texting the wrong person. anyone else have this problem? also phone reboots by itself.
    U should try to be a little more explanitive about this problem. what phone do you have, what operating system, who's service etc. Are you saying that when texting person A, it logs that it did, but in fact it sent the text to Person in your contact list. If so, this is a chronic problem not only with the Evo's but almost all Andriod operating systems. It would appear that HTC or Andriod doesn't want to do anything about it. I find it most common it will pick person B if you already have said person in your list of people that you recently sent a text to. I've been expirementing and clearing all text's before sending or reply to a new one. By the way, it seems to be more so when you are replying to a recent or latest text when it switches to another name. I have an HTC Evo, Sprint service Gingerbread build 2.3.3

Regards

I have a HTC EVO SHIFT from Sprint:
    My husband had the phone for 2 days & gave it back to me to use, I reset it & now I can't figure out how to setup my voicemail or put a security code in it!!
    I am also, being tracked by 2 ppl, how do i prevent this from using my GPS at all times??
    ty,
    HUGSS
    Last edited by HUGSS; 12-11-2011 at 08:00 PM. Reason: Description of cell phone

A mod from here forwarded your PM to him to me. In it, it said the ones tracking you are friends? I would ask them how that info is being sent to them. By web link, text measage or maybe email? And what exactly does the info contain. Does it say "sent by "such & such" app? That may help narrow down how they are able to track you so you can maybe delete the app or whatever it is sending that info.

If no one else has a better idea, I would do a factory reset in hopes that would erase any settings that's sending that type of info.

Tapped from an Unbrickable DROID

Twitter
    jfhrtn
    Glad the voicemail is fixed Huggs. I'll post and try to keep the thread updated if we get it solved. We will get the tracking problem fixed though
    Droid 2/Liberty 2.0.1/Oc'ed/1.3ghz
    Visit our sister site Droidforums.net for more info

Try factory data reset, software corruption can cause problems with the ability to correctly access memory and give incorrect info for available memory.

Sent from my LG-P505 using Android.net

Try factory data reset, software corruption can cause problems with the ability to correctly access memory and give incorrect info for available memory.

Sent from my LG-P505 using Android.net

Just received a replacement EVO 4g, 2.3.3, and had my previous one rooted. It was very easy. Now I'm trying to root my new one and am running into issues. Revolutionary keeps getting stuck at "waiting for fastboot." I have deleted all programs which communicate with my phone via usb, have uninstalled and reinstalled the proper drivers and have downloaded revolutionary over 10 times in case I was getting a corrupt file. Usb debugging is off, fastboot option is un-ticked, and phone in charge only mode. I have attempted this about 35 times and am about to throw my phone and computer across the room. I'm using Vista and am opening revolutionary as "run as administrator." Also, when revolutionary reboots my phone into fastboot, my computer installs more device hardware, a bootloader interface, and then asks me to restart. I don't recall this happening when I rooted any other phone and I have rooted three different models before.

What am I missing?!?! Also, I have troubleshooted with rootzwiki and all forum threads I could find on the subject, nothing seems to be working.

Thanks so much in advance.

Sent from my PC36100 using Android.net

Sent from my PC36100 using Android.net

I got this damn htc evo shift piece of **** phone NOT even a year ago. After the first software update it started going back to the white screen with the green htc logo and reloading everything and each and every time in takes 20 seconds to a minute to load. I called sprint and *****ed its what US women do that we're good at anyways, as Ive been told. Sprint sent a refresh signal to my phone... well that only worked for a day... A DAY!!! WTF! Im goin to sprint monday and yet again *****ing. Better yet I"ll tell them to take this phone and shove it up their ass. Im done with sprint. They done nothing but treat me bad anyways. Lets just leave it at that.. shall we? ok.. My best advice to those of you who have an htc evo phone... is to go trade it in for something different because obviously this phone is nothing but problems. All my friends that have an htc have traded it in for the new Iphone and love it. My fiance and I both will be going to yet another cell company because sprint has yet to learn how to trear their customors.

Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6141516

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links