HTC EVO 4G Problems? Post 'em here

This is a discussion on HTC EVO 4G Problems? Post 'em here within the HTC EVO 4G Tech Support forums, part of the HTC EVO 4G category; Originally Posted by Drakarr OK here's one I can't noodle. I have some ringtones downloaded and set them up as default or to their respective ...

Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: HTC EVO 4G Problems? Post 'em here

Quote Originally Posted by Drakarr View Post
    OK here's one I can't noodle. I have some ringtones downloaded and set them up as default or to their respective contacts. Everything normal, I could see them in the rintones list in the sounds and display menu.

The phone froze yesterday and I had to remove the battery to reboot it. Now here's the problem, none of the ringtones I have are showing in the list anymore. They still work on incoming calls, but only the factory default ones are showing in the list now. I tried downloading a new one and it DLs fine but it also isn't showing in the ringtone list.

Anyone know how I might get these showing again?
    I have the same problem. Some downloaded Ringtones just don't show up.

Bluetooth issue and web browser issue.
    Pandora will freeze after the second or third track. Then things up the phone all together. Also I have MS SYNC AS soon as the blue tooth is connected the music player auto plays. Sorry to add to the situation. Also my browser was crashing yesterday. I was looking up Kelly blue book values and my browser kept crashing.

Sent from my PC36100 evo using Tapatalk

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

HAH, I figured out my problem! It seems if you go into the music player you can find the DLed ringtones there, then when you play them you can hit menu and set them as ringtones from there. That's a little workaround and definitely something that needs to be looked at, a ringtone that is DLed should go to your ringtone list I think.

a ringtone that is DLed should go to your ringtone list I think.
    What type of file is it and where did you download it from? I'm sure you need to tell the phone it's a ringtone before expecting it to show up in your ringtones, otherwise your EVO just thinks it's another audio clip.

OK so battery life being the only issue i have had with this phone witch i can deal with because its not that big of an issue. What is the issue is that i do not use my cam that much but according to my usage my cam is like 90% of whats is draining it. how do i stop this?

Quote Originally Posted by MetalHead View Post
    a ringtone that is DLed should go to your ringtone list I think.
    What type of file is it and where did you download it from? I'm sure you need to tell the phone it's a ringtone before expecting it to show up in your ringtones, otherwise your EVO just thinks it's another audio clip.

It's a WAP DL from mobiles24.com, is that jsut a normal sound file? I had to use that cause when I try to DL them the other way it shows up as something that looks like code when I open the file.

Quote Originally Posted by ThatTmoGuy View Post
    OK so battery life being the only issue i have had with this phone witch i can deal with because its not that big of an issue. What is the issue is that i do not use my cam that much but according to my usage my cam is like 90% of whats is draining it. how do i stop this?
    Sounds to me like the cam is running in the background for some reason, check your running programs and see if it's up or maybe DL the ATK (advanced task killer the free version) from the Droid market, that will shut it down if you gan't find another way.

i tried everything nothing could find the cam actually running but when i went out last night i didnt bring a charger and the batt died plugged it when i got home and no more cam issue. hopefully it doesnt try it again....

HAH, I figured out my problem! It seems if you go into the music player you can find the DLed ringtones there, then when you play them you can hit menu and set them as ringtones from there. That's a little workaround and definitely something that needs to be looked at, a ringtone that is DLed should go to your ringtone list I think.
    I've noticed once you set a ringtone as the default, it stays on the phone, so when ever I download one, I set it as the default once, and then go and switch back after I've downloaded a bunch of them.

I made a ringtones folder under my music folder (also notifications and alarms.) When I put ringtones in the ringtones folder, they show up on the list.

However, I have had a problem with the SD card not always getting recognized by the phone. When I unmount it, there is no way to remount it without taking out the battery.

So try making those folders if you haven't already, and make sure that the SD card can be read by the phone (it CAN'T be connected to the computer at the same time.)

Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links