HTC EVO 4G Problems? Post 'em here

This is a discussion on HTC EVO 4G Problems? Post 'em here within the HTC EVO 4G Tech Support forums, part of the HTC EVO 4G category; So far, I'm a bit less than impressed. It took me two days to get my bluetooth hooked up, I can't seem to figure out ...

Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: HTC EVO 4G Problems? Post 'em here

So far, I'm a bit less than impressed. It took me two days to get my bluetooth hooked up, I can't seem to figure out how to uninstall unneeded apps, it doesn't matter what I do, the #*&$ phone continues to crop my wallpaper pictures, even though I've followed all of the recs in the wallpaper section here...it shouldn't be this hard!

I finally got the bluetooth working, but can anyone point me somewhere so I can find out how to uninstall apps? And how I can turn that bloody crop feature off in my wallpaper?

Quote Originally Posted by Tigrisan View Post
    So far, I'm a bit less than impressed. It took me two days to get my bluetooth hooked up, I can't seem to figure out how to uninstall unneeded apps, it doesn't matter what I do, the #*&$ phone continues to crop my wallpaper pictures, even though I've followed all of the recs in the wallpaper section here...it shouldn't be this hard!

I finally got the bluetooth working, but can anyone point me somewhere so I can find out how to uninstall apps? And how I can turn that bloody crop feature off in my wallpaper?
    Search the market for an app called "Wallpaper Set and Save." Got it from here:

HTC Hero - Avoid The Wallpaper Force Crop - Science & Technology - Simfany online video collection

The video is on the Hero but that shouldn't matter.

As far as removing apps that you downloaded, just go into the Market app and select Downloads from the menu, select the app you want, and tap uninstall.

If it's an Android- or carrier-installed app, you are into hacking territory. See this page:

How-To: Remove unwanted applications on your new HTC Evo 4G | Android Central

Heed the warnings about backing up your system or you may create a $700.00 paperweight.

where can i find and open clip board 4g evo

On day one of the phone purchase, as soon as i clicked on 'Sprint Navigation' the whole phone would shut down...as well as sometimes googling on the internet...i took it to sprint store and they had to do a hard reset...seems to be fine now so if anyone else is having that isssue, thats what ya need to do

turn off individual calendar alarms

on my old treo, I could set a calendar event and set the alarm to ring for it or not ring. I don't see how to do this on the EVO. If you set an event, it will ring and there is no individual event control. Does anyone know of some way around this?

The reason is, for an all day event, it rings at 0:00h, which is no fun if it wakes you up, so I would like to turn it off, but let the wake up event ring in the morning.

Another thing, the treo had a way of putting in a "rollover" event, which would continually appear everyday until you deleted it. That was nice for things you keep putting off doing. Anything like that available on EVO?

Thanks! I think I'll wait on the hacking for a bit. I did download the Wallpaper Set and Save, works, but still blows up the picture to at least twice the size. Even the little 200X300 I added. BUT! It's much clearer, so that's a plus.

Quote Originally Posted by rich_c View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Tigrisan View Post

Search the market for an app called "Wallpaper Set and Save." Got it from here:

HTC Hero - Avoid The Wallpaper Force Crop - Science & Technology - Simfany online video collection

The video is on the Hero but that shouldn't matter.

As far as removing apps that you downloaded, just go into the Market app and select Downloads from the menu, select the app you want, and tap uninstall.

If it's an Android- or carrier-installed app, you are into hacking territory. See this page:

How-To: Remove unwanted applications on your new HTC Evo 4G | Android Central

Heed the warnings about backing up your system or you may create a $700.00 paperweight.

Quote Originally Posted by jwarner191 View Post
    on my old treo, I could set a calendar event and set the alarm to ring for it or not ring. I don't see how to do this on the EVO. If you set an event, it will ring and there is no individual event control. Does anyone know of some way around this?

The reason is, for an all day event, it rings at 0:00h, which is no fun if it wakes you up, so I would like to turn it off, but let the wake up event ring in the morning.

Another thing, the treo had a way of putting in a "rollover" event, which would continually appear everyday until you deleted it. That was nice for things you keep putting off doing. Anything like that available on EVO?
    When you create an all-day event, the default reminder is 10 min. If you scroll up, you can set the reminder to "None." That will shut off the alarm. You can also set the default reminder time to whatever you want by hitting the menu key while in the calendar app (not just looking at the month display on the home screen.)

If you want the reminder to ring in the morning, then set the event time to run from say 8AM to 5PM. Then you can set the reminder for 10 min before, an hour before, etc.

Alternately, you can set an all day event with no reminder, then create another event or set the alarm (the desk clock app has an alarm feature also) to wake you up or remind you in the morning.

I know what you mean about tasks that stay with you until you mark them complete. A web calendar that I use has this feature, but this calendar app doesn't seem to do that. It does have repeating events that you can set to daily until you complete the task, then you can delete the entry.

Or, you could search the Market for a "To do" app.

Does anyone know if the native phone OS lets you browse files on the SD card? I'm not talking about from the computer side, which I know how to do. Is there a file manager or anything like that, or do I have to find a Market app for that?

Also, does anyone from Sprint who is trained on the phone ever stop in here, or is it strictly a user-to-user forum?

If they do, I've found a bug in the phone. When the phone is connected to the computer, the SD card is unavailable, so if you've set a custom ring tone, it won't work. The default ring tone and any custom ring tones that are selected (such as individual ring tones for contacts) should be copied to the system drive so that it still works when the SD card is unavailable.

I have two issues:

1. With my Lotus I was able to tap my bluetooth headset, tell it to dial/call, give contact name and the call would be place.

How do I set this up with the Evo? I've tried many things to do this but I haven't been able to do the same.

2. Is there a good Speech to Text app out there? Since I use texting/im'ng quite a bit, I need something for the car so I can respond to texts/im'ng.

Thank you

Import Lotus Notes Contact Lists

I am a new user and I am trying to find a method to import my contact lists from Lotus Notes email system.
    Any help would be appreciated

Wi Fi Problems

With my EVO I have to be within 20 feet of the router without a wall getting in the way to get a reliable connection, with my old touch diamond I would get a good signal anywhere in a 3 story house (even across the street.). Talked to HTC it it seems to be a rather common problem with EVO and they promised a ota fix soon.

Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links