HTC EVO 4G Problems? Post 'em here

This is a discussion on HTC EVO 4G Problems? Post 'em here within the HTC EVO 4G Tech Support forums, part of the HTC EVO 4G category; my evo they not recognize my micro sd card is a 32g what i nit to do for repear this...

Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: HTC EVO 4G Problems? Post 'em here

my evo they not recognize my micro sd card is a 32g
    what i nit to do for repear this

@Metalhead

Thanks, I will make that change and see what happens. I am not sure how this affects sent or trash folders emails disappearing.

@cheo,

Do you have an adapter for the SD card? If so, plug it into the adapter and try to read the card on your PC. Maybe it's a bad SD card.
    I gave my iPhone to my 5 year old and got an EVO.

Problem 1...I want to know if after the 2.2 update from sprint, was any1 able to get the wiimote to connect and work properly with your NES roms?

Problem 2...The phone has been going thru a massive reboot blitz for the last 3 weeks. Its gotten real bad to the point the phones keeps rebooting nonstop for 15 minutes. Then it stops and will do it ocassionally. Here are things that I've managed to pinpoint as to what maybe the problem:

1. An app is conflicting with other apps and processes on the phone and could be causing the restarts

2. Even after Romming the phone to original software from the release date, and doing the OTA 2.2 update, the phone continues to restart.

3. During its restart blitz, the phone is very hot towards the bottom area where the mic, charging port, and HDMI port are at. The restarting will stop if i remove the battery and allow the phone to cool down to the point where their is no heat eminating from the phone.

4. Phone has also restarted during heavy data sessions, when it begins to restart during heavy data sessions the bottom part of the phone begins to heat up.....

Overall....I cant pin point what is causing this. If hard resets, and returning the phone to factory, the 2.2 update, and removing the battery does not help solve the issue then I believe its time to return the phone. I've got a sure fire feeling it maybe the internal circuitry thats unable to process and handle data effectively, and maybe causing the phone to heat up and begin rebooting....

WiFi issue after update

I had the same problem with my home WiFi because my EVO kept trying to get an IP address from the router and could not, so it would repeatedly disconnect and try again. Luckily I rebooted the router and when it came back on, the phone connected immediately. During this time my laptop was connecting through the router with some sort of "limited access", but it also straightened itself out with the router reset. My EVO has not forgotten and is still connecting w/o a problem.

On some of the other forums, people having this problem have gone into their WiFi settings and manually input all the IP address info as a static (?) IP including SSID, net mask, password, etc and then the phone could connect. That procedure may be a bandaid, but for now it is helping some folks.

You are not the only one experiencing this issue.

Quote Originally Posted by njrextreme View Post
    Im having a problem w/ wifi at my work. I did the update and now it wont conect. Keeps asking for a password and the router is just pluged to the net, not a pc. It was working fine up until the update. WTF? Any ideas I can try?

Main concern at this time, with the 2.2 update is while surfing, it constantly is refreshing? What's that all about

Quote Originally Posted by lakerfwd88 View Post
    Main concern at this time, with the 2.2 update is while surfing, it constantly is refreshing? What's that all about
    That's a new one to me... Have you tried doing a factory reset? Doing a full factory reset seems to be clearing up most of the problems that people are having after the update. I had a few issues when I first updated but since I did a reset, everything has been working great. Just be make sure all your contacts are backed up in google before you do it.

Quote Originally Posted by MetalHead View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by lakerfwd88 View Post
    That's a new one to me... Have you tried doing a factory reset? Doing a full factory reset seems to be clearing up most of the problems that people are having after the update. I had a few issues when I first updated but since I did a reset, everything has been working great. Just be make sure all your contacts are backed up in google before you do it.
    That being said do you lose your apps? Another question is, is it necessary to have the Astro File Application being that we are able to install applications on the sd card?

If your phone is stock, you will lose your apps by doing a factory reset. I recommend syncing all your apps with appbrain prior to doing the reset, it makes it a lot easier to keep track of your apps and to reinstall them later. Also make sure your contacts are backed up in gmail. I use Astro all the time, for many reason including being able to install apps off your sd card. If you have any apps (.apk) on your sd, then yes, use astro to reinstall them.

Quote Originally Posted by MetalHead View Post
    If your phone is stock, you will lose your apps by doing a factory reset. I recommend syncing all your apps with appbrain prior to doing the reset, it makes it a lot easier to keep track of your apps and to reinstall them later. Also make sure your contacts are backed up in gmail. I use Astro all the time, for many reason including being able to install apps off your sd card. If you have any apps (.apk) on your sd, then yes, use astro to reinstall them.
    did the factory reset. I backed up all my apps using the astro file app. I will start using the appbrain application. Thank you for your help on this. Now if I could just get the music player to stop auto playing when my Bluetooth connects in my car. Well that's for another posting. Thanks again.

Sent from my HTC EVO

Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links