HTC EVO 4G Problems? Post 'em here

This is a discussion on HTC EVO 4G Problems? Post 'em here within the HTC EVO 4G Tech Support forums, part of the HTC EVO 4G category; Originally Posted by Drewtorrespr Problem 1...I want to know if after the 2.2 update from sprint, was any1 able to get the wiimote to connect ...

Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: HTC EVO 4G Problems? Post 'em here

Quote Originally Posted by Drewtorrespr View Post
    Problem 1...I want to know if after the 2.2 update from sprint, was any1 able to get the wiimote to connect and work properly with your NES roms?

Problem 2...The phone has been going thru a massive reboot blitz for the last 3 weeks. Its gotten real bad to the point the phones keeps rebooting nonstop for 15 minutes. Then it stops and will do it ocassionally. Here are things that I've managed to pinpoint as to what maybe the problem:

1. An app is conflicting with other apps and processes on the phone and could be causing the restarts

2. Even after Romming the phone to original software from the release date, and doing the OTA 2.2 update, the phone continues to restart.

3. During its restart blitz, the phone is very hot towards the bottom area where the mic, charging port, and HDMI port are at. The restarting will stop if i remove the battery and allow the phone to cool down to the point where their is no heat eminating from the phone.

4. Phone has also restarted during heavy data sessions, when it begins to restart during heavy data sessions the bottom part of the phone begins to heat up.....

Overall....I cant pin point what is causing this. If hard resets, and returning the phone to factory, the 2.2 update, and removing the battery does not help solve the issue then I believe its time to return the phone. I've got a sure fire feeling it maybe the internal circuitry thats unable to process and handle data effectively, and maybe causing the phone to heat up and begin rebooting....
    Quick question, are you still using the original microsd card that came with your phone. If not, have you tried swapping back to it? Stock battery?

Oh yeah I have been using the original sd card and original battery with it. I actually had to get a replacement EVO 4G just a week ago to get this to stop. On the new device I am using the same sd card from the beginning of purchase, and using the original battery with no problems now....The old one was trash and probably something wonky was going on with the internals.

how do you back up contacs on google ? i'm a newb ...

Did you create a Gmail account? If you did, log into it from your desktop. All your contacts should be there.

Quote Originally Posted by lgilbert50 View Post
    With my EVO I have to be within 20 feet of the router without a wall getting in the way to get a reliable connection, with my old touch diamond I would get a good signal anywhere in a 3 story house (even across the street.). Talked to HTC it it seems to be a rather common problem with EVO and they promised a ota fix soon.
    why do you have to be within a router ?

thanks !

Quote Originally Posted by MetalHead View Post
    Did you create a Gmail account? If you did, log into it from your desktop. All your contacts should be there.
    thanks

When the Evo was first released, it had some wifi reception issues. They have since been cleared up through OTA updates.

Quote Originally Posted by metalhead View Post
    when the evo was first released, it had some wifi reception issues. They have since been cleared up through ota updates.
    ota = ???

ota = ???
    Over The Air. Software updates that get pushed to our phone from Sprint and HTC.

Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links