HTC EVO 4G Problems? Post 'em here

This is a discussion on HTC EVO 4G Problems? Post 'em here within the HTC EVO 4G Tech Support forums, part of the HTC EVO 4G category; Having problems or need help with your new HTC EVO 4G? Post 'em here!...

Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: HTC EVO 4G Problems? Post 'em here

danDroid

HTC EVO 4G Problems? Post 'em here

Having problems or need help with your new HTC EVO 4G? Post 'em here!

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

i have a problem.....I don't have one in my hands yet...argggg

It doesn't come out till 6/4. That's a week and change away. This is a problem.

Quote Originally Posted by pixiejess View Post
    It doesn't come out till 6/4. That's a week and change away. This is a problem.
    Quoted for truth.

Junior Member christine_sprintdroids's Avatar
    i got my evo today and i am already having alot of problems:
    1) plugged it in to charge and when it began to ring (after being pluggedin for an hour) I was unable to answer the incoming call, screen was just frozen and did not let me answer call,after call was missed and I disconnected it from charger it remained frozen. I turned it off then back on, still frozen. I took the battery out and then it reset
    2)tried using music application to listen to songs preloaded on phone (ex: people under the stairs) and it keeps giving me this msg:sorry! Application HTC Sense (in process com.htc.launcher) is not responding. then it gives me option to force close or wait. no matter which option I choose it begins a "loading" cycle then song begins to play for a few seconds then the song stops and same error msg comes up. I keep turning off the phone then turning it back on but it won't go to the home screen.
    I have no idea what is going on with this phone but I will be at Best Buy 1st thing in the morning to return this peice of cr@p

im sorry it was that bad for you. when i got on sta it was the happiest moment of my life! i have not been able to put it down since and i dont know how long its going to take me to do so!

Unhappy Advanced Task Killer app & Tunee app

Does anyone know if ATK app is beneficial? Supposedly it closes out open apps and saves battery life but is this really necessary?
    Also, has anyone had issues w the Tunee app causing problems? I am wondering if it's causing the force close on the htc music player...

I found the answer:
    Here's some good reading on why not to use task killers. Realize that most processes you see in your task killer are just using memory and aren't even touching the cpu, which is the only time they use battery. Read the above link for more on that as well. Here is what you can do to optimize power. Add two shortcuts to a homescreen: battery usage and running services. These can be found by hitting the "+" and hitting shortcuts>settings. They are both in this menu. Battery usage shows you where all your power is going. Usually, apps barely touch it, but if you see apps using it a lot, you may look at altering those apps settings or removing them. Running services tells you services (mentioned in the above link) that are currently in memory. Most of these are harmless and you shouldn't stop them. Still, if one of them belongs to an app that is killing your battery and you know its safe to stop it, stop it here, as it will do so properly, unlike a task killer. Also, when you want to exit an app, hit back until it closes. Hitting home leaves it running. Hitting back usually will exit most apps. Also look in the app's menu for an exit option. These will exit the app properly as well. As for apps that run background services, like updates, try to limit their update intervals or turn the feature off completely.

Also, anyone who has been using a task killer a lot, you may want to factory reset your phone. If it did any damage to the system, this is the only way to clear it. Then never download the task killer again.

for more info: http://community.sprint.com/baw/message/178805

The main reason I got the EVO was for the Hot Spot application. I am in Las Vegas and saw the phone at CTIA. I have a 3G verizon card internal in my Laptop and thats what I normaly use for work outside the office. I just recieved the EVO yesterday and I have to say that the performance of the handset is great it runs all apps very fast. IP connectivity works fine on the handset but the hot spot feature is not that great, Using Speedtest.net - The Global Broadband Speed Test results on the handset were like 1.25 mb down and .075 up on 4G. When using my Laptop in the hot spot mode much slower. Now my Verizon 3G card was faster then both????? Whats up with that. I love the phone and want to keep it but I dont know if I can justify it. Does anyone know if there are some settings to fix this??? I might go to the sprint store and have a tech look. as I said before now I love the handset and $30 for hot spot 4G vs $65 for Verizon 3G is a no brainer. Let me know your results or tricks. I am in Las Vegas.

OK here's one I can't noodle. I have some ringtones downloaded and set them up as default or to their respective contacts. Everything normal, I could see them in the rintones list in the sounds and display menu.

The phone froze yesterday and I had to remove the battery to reboot it. Now here's the problem, none of the ringtones I have are showing in the list anymore. They still work on incoming calls, but only the factory default ones are showing in the list now. I tried downloading a new one and it DLs fine but it also isn't showing in the ringtone list.

Anyone know how I might get these showing again?

Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links